Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Torque South's black 2013 BUICK TURBO project

Talking Torque South's black 2013 BUICK TURBO project

I have acquired a very special vehicle for my next project. It is perfect for me in more ways than I can describe, but I am just thankful to God that this exciting chapter of my life has finally begun. This model fits the theme and times very well and is a perfect follow up to our now maxed out black 2012 turbo Cruze.

So far, I have read and saved the T76, successfully scanned and logged it as well as the E39.

With my slightly outdated version, the E39 read failed - even with a special Cal. file that Ross sent me several months ago to have a try at an earlier build date Verano T. My plan is to update to the latest version on my backup tuning laptop, it should definitely work then. However I need to find out if the firmware will also need to be updated in the V2 to match - and if so, will it still work with the slightly earlier software on the primary tuning laptop. I am reluctant to upgrade until I am 100% sure that it won't interfere with the exceptionally successful Duramax work I am doing. For those of you that know what I mean...

As far as the vehicle, two thumbs and a big toe up so far. It literally mops the floor with the Acura and Audi in its class, and wait 'till the engine breaks in a little more and I put some 93 octane in it. I will update this thread with interesting developments whenever I have a chance, hopefully it will be another success story and a fun journey and learning experience for all who care.

Last edited by Boost; April 14th, 2013 at 10:30 AM.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    With my slightly outdated version, the E39 read failed - even with a special Cal. file that Ross sent me several months ago to have a try at an earlier build date Verano T.
    Sure it's not an E39A ECM? if so then the latest RC4 will get you going.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

GMPX, I read my E39A regal as well and it would not open up with RC4

Mmm, ok, there was 5 OS's we needed to add for the E39A, the earliest one (12655477) I didn't complete in time, is that what you have?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ironicaly, my os is 12655477

Lifetime Member

Good luck with your project Roland....as a lover of coffee, I liked the advertisement, especially when it involved REAL coffee and a great car....just wish I could get one here!

As for updating your software, we are recommending that all users update to RC4. I'm not aware of any issues with it for Duramax, and we expect that this will become our public release in the next week or so.

Cheers
    Cindy

We do have them, just called an Opel Insignia, looks like the comparable model is $47K out here though.

Interesting car (has very nice lines)...

do Opel and Holden have a relationship that Holden is happy with, or is Opel stepping on Holden's turf...?

Holden used to rebadge Opel's, but now they are competing against each other. Problem is I think buyers are a little smarter these days and know that most vehicles in GM's line up are the same world platform with a few local changes. Typically though the Opel offerings do have a wider choice of engines, such as the 2.0L DI Turbo motor in the little Astra. But for about the same price you could pick up a brand new SS Commodore!

Thanks guys / gals!!! What I have is an Opel Astra with an LHU. It is a Cruze with a Regal Grand Sport Engine. I got the automatic and it's black on black!
    Already de-badged and being "broken in" proper. Initial plans include a drop-in K&N (which should be the same part # as the 1.8 Cruze / Sonic) and some serious tuning. The turbo should be good to low 300 wheel hp and I have faith in the trans. - it will just have to cowboy up to it. The engine should be unstoppable until it runs out of fuel, being a high performance variant of the LNF Cobalt SS unit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	858.8 KB 
ID:	14868Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	528.0 KB 
ID:	14869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	624.1 KB 
ID:	14870
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast