Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duramax EGR block using EFILive?

Default Duramax EGR block using EFILive?

I'm a complete noob to the diesel tuning, or actually car tuning in general. So, this question may be stupid to many of you.

I have been playing the the demo version of EFILive tune for Duramax. I noticed EGR can be control by ECM. With that in mind, wouldn't it possible to 'block" EGR by simply command the EGR to be close at all time?

Thanks

Yes. Minimum temp 300* and Maximum temp -40* Don't disable the diagnostic/monitoring table.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Thanks for confirming it. This will save me the trouble of actually installing EGR blocking plate.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    Yes. Minimum temp 300* and Maximum temp -40* Don't disable the diagnostic/monitoring table.
    Why shouldn't you disable the diagnostic / monitoring table? I have only tuned an LLY which had EGR, and I think I turned those off when I disabled EGR (it's been a while).

Cause with out monitoring it allows the valve to free float. Truck will surge with out a blocker plate in then. LBZ-LMM
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Default Disabled diagnostic/monitoring table?

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    I've had to reflash the stock program in my 06 lbz duramax in order to pass emissions obdii check. Inspectors tell me the engine misfire and egr flow should be supported, but my scan still shows both NOT SUPPORTED. Could this be due to a disabled diagnostic/monitoring table? How would I check that and reverse it?

Thanks

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by drboom View Post
    I've had to reflash the stock program in my 06 lbz duramax in order to pass emissions obdii check. Inspectors tell me the engine misfire and egr flow should be supported, but my scan still shows both NOT SUPPORTED. Could this be due to a disabled diagnostic/monitoring table? How would I check that and reverse it?

Thanks
    I just flashed mine back to stock for same reason. Would you look at my post and see if your supported param s are the same?
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

Quote Originally Posted by asm View Post
    Thanks for confirming it. This will save me the trouble of actually installing EGR blocking plate.
    If you disable the EGR on your truck, the exhaust pressure will open the valve and it will CHUG black smoke in mid range. You need to install a blocker plate and deactivate the solenoid. Personal experience.
    2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    NADP Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    AFE Stg 2 Intake Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump EFI Live
    PPE Race Valve & PPE Fuel Rail Fitting
    BD Manifold 3" AFE Ceramic Downpipe 4" Straight Pipe
    Yukon Grizzly Locker Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    Leveling kit & 33" Hankook RT03 18" XD Addict Rims
    HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    Autometer Fuel Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges

If you command the EGR valve closed, it won't open and you won't get smoke, cooler running, more power when the valve is normally open and cooler EGT's, seen it on a large variety of engines.

Quote Originally Posted by hrthsv View Post
    If you command the EGR valve closed, it won't open and you won't get smoke, cooler running, more power when the valve is normally open and cooler EGT's, seen it on a large variety of engines.
    Sorry to awake this old thread. I am new and am first building a modified copy of my stock LMM tune with EGR disabled, DPF deactivated/removed and CAT(DOC) removed and maybe a few other odds and ends on my 2009 LMM CCSB 4WD.
    You say "if you command the EGR valve closed..."; it this the same as setting the values for temps as stated above in this thread to the stated values of 300/-40 or is there another parameter that sets the EGR to the state you mention, "command the EGR VALVE CLOSED"??
    Thanks for your reply as I do not want to move to a bug smoking killer just yet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast