Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duramax EGR block using EFILive?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRay View Post
    Sorry to awake this old thread. I am new and am first building a modified copy of my stock LMM tune with EGR disabled, DPF deactivated/removed and CAT(DOC) removed and maybe a few other odds and ends on my 2009 LMM CCSB 4WD.
    You say "if you command the EGR valve closed..."; it this the same as setting the values for temps as stated above in this thread to the stated values of 300/-40 or is there another parameter that sets the EGR to the state you mention, "command the EGR VALVE CLOSED"??
    Thanks for your reply as I do not want to move to a bug smoking killer just yet!
    Yes just deactivate it using the temps. Do not disable it by selecting disable in B1501 or you will have a random loss of power and a smoke show while cruising down the highway. I also zero out the desired flow tables but it isn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by bmc1025 View Post
    Yes just deactivate it using the temps. Do not disable it by selecting disable in B1501 or you will have a random loss of power and a smoke show while cruising down the highway. I also zero out the desired flow tables but it isn't necessary.
    You say "also zero out the desired flow tables but it isn't necessary."
    May I ask where are those just for my education?
    Many thanks for your assistance in educating a total novice trying to get started and gain some knowledge.

Never mind, DAH! Now that I got onto my laptop and opened a stock context I see the "Desired Flow Tables".
    Sorry for my ignorance. A lot to learn I guess. I'll keep digging. Thanks a bunch for your assistance and patience with my steep learning curve.

You can turn off the EGR in the tuning, I suggest to be on the safe side by unplugging it.
    If you did the PCV reroute that would help a little if your leaving the EGR functioning.
    The PCV reroute will also help by keeping the oil vapors out of the intake, turbo to intercooler hoses and intercooler.
    By just turning off the EGR and not blocking there is a chance the EGR will blow open at the worst time while towing pulling a steep grade, loosing power.
    With the EGR blocked that will NOT increase any smoke, the only way that would happen if you got a smoke tune, which is NOT recommended.
    "BLACK"-2007 Yukon Denali 6.2 gasser EFI AutoCal
    "BLACK"-2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500HD SRW, LMM Dmax, EFI AutoCal/Spade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12