Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Added CPP to LS1b, what tables are affected?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Added CPP to LS1b, what tables are affected?

2005 LS1b, LQ9, 228R cam, headers. M6 trans.

I started with a mail order tune which got me running(good not great). The tune was setup to run without a CPP. I want to make sure I update all the correct tables now to reap the benifits. If you guys know of anything else I should be concentrating on, I'm all ears(and eyes, well, mostly just eyes).

I'm aware of TC and TF in Gear and P/N.
    Rolling Idle is currently zero'd out...will this ask for "zero" rpm if I depress clutch and TC is active? Maybe just enter 800rpm across the board?

Base Spark in Gear{B5932}
    Base Spark P/N{B5933} these are the same...should I change them?

Lastly, and keep in mind I'm new, after I complete RAFPN, do I need to redo now for RAFIG?

Thanks for any responses guys.

CPP?

peace
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

Sorry, What I mean to say is that I added the Clutch Pedal Position sensor to the ECM(Blue connector, pin 35), hoping to get some better drivability by letting the ecm know that I've clutched in/out.

any other experiences or advice from those who have added a CPP signal to an LS1b..or any ecm?

hello Jetmech442, im debating on doing the same thing to mine. did it help? what issues did you have to work out?

Made a world of difference. For my setup, LQ9, 228R cam, Lt headers, LS6 intake, T56 trans....I changed the following table:
    B4310-Throttle Cracker P/N: added .50 lbs/min for 2-6 mph.

Wiring in the switch and changing the table eliminated the erratic behavior when I would try to roll to a stop with clutch depressed.

Theres a pic of the wiring in my build thread over on LS1tech...
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...version-3.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
    Made a world of difference. For my setup, LQ9, 228R cam, Lt headers, LS6 intake, T56 trans....I changed the following table:
    B4310-Throttle Cracker P/N: added .50 lbs/min for 2-6 mph.

Wiring in the switch and changing the table eliminated the erratic behavior when I would try to roll to a stop with clutch depressed.

Theres a pic of the wiring in my build thread over on LS1tech...
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...version-3.html
    thanks again. I'm running almost the same configuration except I still got the vortec intake. I'm gonna install the switch and wire for the cpp this weekend. is there any way you can send me your tune so that I may compare it with mine? I'm pulling my hair out. lol

thank you so much. that explains what I'm getting.

Lifetime Member

thread hijack- maybe I need a CPP?

I don't have surging- but at the beginning of some of the drives my truck will die when I push the clutch in and throw it in neutral while getting on the brakes(power) all at one time. Seems like this 'shocks' the system and it'll die. I do not have a CPP- I do have the brake system hooked up so my cruise works.

I'm basically wondering, is my problem no CPP, TC or TF?

I have rolling idle set to hang up over 1k. and basically as soon as I drop below my specified mph and the rolling idle decays the truck dies- like it literally has no airflow. MAP slowly and steady rises to ambient. Sometimes if I'm just moving the truck around back and forth it will die when I clutch in and brake at the same time. I'm nearly at a loss. Anyone have ideas?

When I first started tuning my converted car I was using the common 12212156 OS from a US based vehicle. My wiring loom was from a Monaro and didn't have a CPP provision. When I logged the TF/TC PIDs I quickly realised they weren't doing anything and I had some surge/stumbling issues after fitting a cam.

Rather than wire in a CPP I switched back to an Aus based OS 12225074 which cured my issues and the TC/TF tables started to work.

So I'd advise logging your TF/TC tables to if the values are actually working. If the values don't change then you may have to either wire in a CPP or try the 12225074 OS. If the values are changing then they probably just need some tuning to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast