Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Added CPP to LS1b, what tables are affected?

Lifetime Member

I can't figure out if I have too much air or not enough?

Watching AFR it looks fine. but MAP climbs to ambient with absolute TP not changing- so the engine is dieing but why??

edit- If I had too much air I would have a hanging idle I would think. So it must be not enough. But on that train of thought- it's almost like the ignition is acting funky. So strange to me.

edit edit- I found this on ls1tech- "He adjust the idle follower? To cause the RPMs to hang just alil longer and let it adjust instead of dropping fast and dying out" Sounds like I need to adjust the value for TF and make it decay slower. I will probably fit the CPP thing as well if I can. Do we have a cax for that?
    Last edited by RADustin; June 1st, 2015 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
    Made a world of difference. For my setup, LQ9, 228R cam, Lt headers, LS6 intake, T56 trans....I changed the following table:
    B4310-Throttle Cracker P/N: added .50 lbs/min for 2-6 mph.

Wiring in the switch and changing the table eliminated the erratic behavior when I would try to roll to a stop with clutch depressed.

Theres a pic of the wiring in my build thread over on LS1tech...
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...version-3.html
    thanks again. I'm running almost the same configuration except I still got the vortec intake. I'm gonna install the switch and wire for the cpp this weekend. is there any way you can send me your tune so that I may compare it with mine? I'm pulling my hair out. lol

Gama,no prob, I'll post up my tune, just be aware it is currently set up for CALCVET....so I'd probly just compare the tables for TC,Tf and idle saver. Also, for table B3410, I'm thinking about extending it down to zero mph because I get some want-to-die stuff happening when I slowly reverse and I am in and out of the clutch.

RADustin,
    In your first post you indicate it dies out when clutch engaged and moving or coming to stop. This is what I had. CPP fixed it, but I also had to add airflow to my TC tables. I added .50 Lbs/min from 2-6mph and all was well(with the exception of what I said above about reversing slowly). I do not have rolling idle activated at all in my tune. I believe that adding CPP allows Stall Saver table (B4522) to become active. You know, re-reading this post, if your truck dies almost immediately upon clutch in "like there's no airflow", the TC will only help until decays out. Check your desired Idle speed table(B4603), and probly Desired Airflow(B4307)-you may need to try bumping up the Lbs/min by .1 or .2 in the ECT range you experience the problem. That to me would seem like a first step and then utilizing CPP.

I took a look at the log pic you posted, it looks like your WB02 and NB02 diverge just past halfway in the log. Not sure why that would happen.
    Also, you Fuel Pressure is not steady and is not 58psi. Yours may be different, but my fuel injector tables are setup for 58 psi. and it should stay there regardless of vehicle speed/load/rpm.

Lifetime Member

I'm going to play around with TC and TF. My idle speeds and desired airflow is correct on the positive side. I did RAFIG and added a bit.

What you are thinking is NBO2 is commanded AFR. They diverge because the truck stalled.

I feel like if I can get enough TC and let it decay slowly enough it will be fine. The truck idles fine 99% of the time.

Edit- I am in idiot. I forgot I linked the brake switch with clutch switch to fool my cruise control(ETC) to work. I bet this is causing me tons of grief now that I am cammed.

I need to apply this CPP fix to the tune and go from there...
    Last edited by RADustin; June 3rd, 2015 at 04:16 PM.

Good luck radustin, and your right if course about the wideband comment I made...I was thinking afr was actual not commanded

Gama,I figured I'd attach the tun here for others to see as well. Good luck guys.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks buddy.

Lifetime Member

got it figured out. When I swapped OS I didn't copy over the TC and TF tables. when I did, everything is good now.

Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
    got it figured out. When I swapped OS I didn't copy over the TC and TF tables. when I did, everything is good now.
    Can you post the before/after tune file, I want to take a closer look at the TC/TF tables...

Lifetime Member

Joe, see attached. The answer was in my original stock tune file. the 2001 OS was completely different from my 99 OS.

11 is the file that would die like turning off the truck on the interstate as soon as the clutch was depressed with no throttle input.

32 runs like a champ, except sometimes it will die if I don't go fast enough to enable the cracker and I have the a/c on. I need to wire a/c to run through ecm.

Dustin 49 base COS5_0011.ctzDustin 49 base COS5_0032.ctz

Yes, wire AC thru PCM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12