Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E83 specific pids

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra View Post
    Actually you should be able to tell the difference between the two by measuring entropy on a fixed chunk of bitstream. If you send me an image, I can probably figure it out.
    Actually turns out we just needed to update IDA, they are using VLE on the CPU , not going to go searching for DMA PID data in that code mess.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

What's the chances if any of being able to find out if there is any calls to a specific pcm pin for the ethanol sensor or add them in? (there's a ton of empty pins on the ecu, but I imagine they need to be connected to the specific inputs within the ecu board like the maf?)

Efilive is also missing the capability to turn on the ethanol sensor completely (not that it matters at the moment), using hpt I can turn it on but the ecu then defaults to 100% ethanol and 255hz on the fuel composition input. I've tried blindly using a bench harness setup on my spare ecu and flex sensor on all the unassigned pins and had no change. Mind you I thought it was odd that even when I put the pin to the maf sensor signal pin it still didn't recognise or pickup the frequency.

I thought Perhaps because the ethanol sensor hz is only between 50-150 vs 1800+ for the maf it can't see it. but surely it would still read the lower values? I did just realize that I may need to drop the enable/fail frequencies down though.

Also, there is a 223kpa max boost limit from the factory, Efilive and HPT have both incorrectly labelled the X axis based on ECT when in fact it's IAT based. IAT2 to be exact.

I've confirmed this by putting say 200 in the 0-40 ect range and left 60c as 250kpa. with 17 degree intake temps and 104ect max boost was 200kpa. change it so it's 250kpa for the lower cells and that's exactly what I get. well a little more but the map sensor max's out over 255kpa. :-)

The other thing I have learnt because I have started using the hpt cable exclusivily on this ecu due to the options available is in regards to the Fan's.

I have worked out that the 2 rows are actually independent of each other based on whether or not the radiator sensor option is disabled/enabled. (HPT has this an switch, so I guess efi could remove the 90 portion)

For example, Stock E83 calibration has radiator sensor disabled and thus desired fan speeds are controlled by the 105 column. but if you enable the radiator sensor switch the 95 column is the desired fan speed and 105 is ignored.

What's weird with the configuration on these Cruze tunes is the motors are fitted with an electric thermostat and DCVCP, yet there appears to be a phaser only installed on the inlet camshaft and it's not turned on. I haven't played around with the inlet cam phasing yet, but it would definitely be nice to be able to control the thermostat opening/closing.

I also created a cax file to disable the torque model bullshit they use on the pedal too which makes the car respond a LOT better. I'm now making over 150whp on pump 98 fuel with the bigger injectors, i'll be going back to stock ones this weekend again to see how they will fair with the increased boost. Probably not well I have a feeling. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    What's the chances if any of being able to find out if there is any calls to a specific pcm pin for the ethanol sensor or add them in?
    Next to impossible, you would need a PCB circuit diagram to know where it ends up inside the ECM (CPU or other chip), it cannot be worked out from the code. With all the other ECM's we had the luxury of having a car on each ECM type using the sensor.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12