Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E83 specific pids

Default E83 specific pids

Guys, is it possible to get some e83 specific pids, just like the e38/e78 etc ones.

Ideally atleast the following pids:
    Air Flow Grams/Cyl - using the sae.maf and calculated g/cyl is not accurate
    Air/Fuel Ratio Commanded - currently using sae.lambda which seems to work, however im getting enrichment that is much higher than anywhere in the tune. Also possible there are enrichment tables that are missing from the calz.
    Intake Valve Temp - doesn't exist for e83 controller yet

I'll might come back with more once I start playing around with the car, but these are my need to have's. :-)

Actually no I'm afraid to say. The E83 ECM has an encrypted or compressed OS (not sure which it is) so we can't decompile the code to locate the memory address's for such PID's.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

is there any other pid I can use get the equivalency ratio?

found it weird that they have set 14.3 as the lambda value too

I'm happy to help in any testing you might want to try

SAE.LAMBDA should work, actually that is probably your only option.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Okay, been nearly a week with the new car and left it stock for the first 3 days to log it in factory form.

Been running it on united's P100 mix (98+10% ethanol = 100 octane they reakon)

Stock they supposably run 10psi, it kinda did at first then it slowly wound it's way up to around 12-13. I'm guessing because it had been ran on cheap 91-95 fuel. Car was 2nd hand with just under 4k km's on the clock.

Anyway, I had a small play with it on the road and then onto the dyno, where I gained a solid 10-12% increase in torque over the entire rpm range bar the top end (which I believe is being restricted by torque management)

On the road with the wideband shoved up the bum of the exhaust, actual is pretty dam close to commanded enrichment, however stock they run them at fat as .6 lambda!!! (as seen on the dyno graph)

Unfortunately my dyno is setup for rwd so I didn't have the cooling fan blowing for any of the runs but I allowed a fair bit of time to cool down between tunes.

Now, compared to the 1.4l turbo, they don't seem to hamper the tune too much in regards to making power initially, but now I feel i'm hitting a missing torque limit or 2 I'm stuck at making a consistent 280~282nm. Which might explain why the stock tune matches the max hp figure albeit at a later rpm.

What's interesting to note is that I haven't changed the duty cycle of the wastegate, yet im making 120-123kpa (17psi) of boost. I've only made a slight adjustment to the commanded power tables and I've played with it in extremes and settled it back down to close to stock. I've found that if you put in a large number in say the 80-100 tps% ranges, it essentially puts a dead spot/time delay at low rpm.

Now I've taken a look at an auto tune for one of these cars albeit in hptuners and they seem to have a whole bunch more torque tables which co-incidently have max torque figures around the numbers im hitting.

I've tried using leaving B7015 Enabled and putting in say 400nm for B7016 & I've also set it disabled and having the torque limit normal set to 2000 and lower to 1000nm(default) and there is no difference. in fact because it's not over-boosting I don't think either is doing anything.

So any chance of getting someone to take a look at the available torque management for the 12654173.calz

I can email in logs/tunes if needed.

So did SAE.LAMBDA show the correct lambda (matching the commanded fueling tables)...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    So did SAE.LAMBDA show the correct lambda (matching the commanded fueling tables)...?

yeah works fine, has from the start.

For anyone else in the future, there doesn't appear to be a torque limit. My "limit" is more to do with how much boost and therefore power the motor is making with my timing map & boost at 223kpa (minus 100kpa for baro) 280-296nm is pretty much where I get and fade off in the top end.

Just trying to get it to ramp the boost up a little more now is the hard part.

Anyway i'd suggest adding the following into your calc_pids file.

*CLC-00-2045
    gcyl 0 1 0.2 "({GM.AIRPERSEC}*30)/{SAE.RPM}"

*CLC-00-2046
    gcyl 0 1 0.2 "({SAE.MAF}*30)/{SAE.RPM}"

*CLC-00-2047
    factor 0 3 .3 "{SAE.MAP.kPa}/{SAE.BARO.kPa}"

The below goes into the PRN area at the bottom of the file.

CALC.CYL_AIR F6F7 CLC-00-2045 "gcyl" "E83 ECM" "Calculated 4 Cylinder Air"
    CALC.CYL_MAFAIR F6F7 CLC-00-2046 "gcyl" "E83 ECM" "Calculated 4 Cylinder Air Maf"
    CALC.MAP-BARO F6F8 CLC-00-2047 factor "E83 ECM" "Map-Baro"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Actually no I'm afraid to say. The E83 ECM has an encrypted or compressed OS (not sure which it is) so we can't decompile the code to locate the memory address's for such PID's.
    Actually you should be able to tell the difference between the two by measuring entropy on a fixed chunk of bitstream. If you send me an image, I can probably figure it out.

why cant find sae.lambda in my pid's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast