Thread: WinXP and v7

Default WinXP and v7

I hate to lern the new efilive my windowXP laptop blew-up and I have been looking everywhere for used window XP can't find it. Is it possible I can have same version with road runner on windows 8 laptop???

Thank you

EFILive/Roadrunner should work just fine in Win7/8...

you have to be logged in as Admin to both install and run the software.

Opps sorry I mean to say can I still use old Efilive V7 and RR with windows 8

Well I like the old version of efi been using it for years don't want to change a thing oh well I'll get windows 8 then try it hope it's the same everything.. Should I get touch screen ????

Lifetime Member

You won't be able to download an old version of V7 from EFILive but you could install it if you maintained a backup.

Our website contains the latest public release available for download, and we expect to have another public release within the next 2 weeks

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.3 View Post
    Should I get touch screen ????
    There's nothing in the EFILive software that will make special use of the touch screen, so for EFILive its not worth it. However, other applications that are built specifically for Windows 8 may provide additional touch features.

Personally, I'd try and find a laptop that comes with Windows 7. Win7 is similar to Windows XP, Windows 8 is quite different and you'll have to take some time learning how to use Win8.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks for the info I thought you had older versions on ur download page no problem I will look in my old hard drive I still have it somewhere.

windows 7 sounds rite I'm not going to use the laptop for anything else. I love the simplicity of EFIlive V7 everything is so easy to use and very basic straight forward just like XP.. I did download EFIlive V8 few months ago on my son windows 8 computerI got lost with how different and complex it is and then just deleted it..

Thanks

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

V7 is still available and is still the same as it has been for many years. You can download V7 here: https://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
    You will also need to download and install the V8 software. Both versions should be installed at the same time.

After downloading and installing the V7 software, you'll need to update your FlashScan firmware. If your FlashScan firmware version is V2.04.72 or earlier, you MUST update it to V2.04.72, then perform the built in boot block upgrade and then you can update it to the most recent firmware of V2.07.xx. That upgrade process is documented in the V8 software here: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->Upgrading FlashScan. Once your firmware is up to V2.05.xx or later, then you MUST use the V8 software to update the firmware.

Use V7 for data logging and editing and reading and flashing, just like you always have.
    Use V8 for firmware upgrades and black box data logging and reading/flashing newer controllers that are not supported by V7.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Oh waw that's very cool didn't know I could have both on same laptop that's great... I'm sure V8 is ten times better than V7 looks like this will give me a chance to play around more with it while still using the older version..
    Appreciate the help thanks