Thread: Bought a '08 LBZ Duramax with EFI LIVE loaded on it

Default Bought a '08 LBZ Duramax with EFI LIVE loaded on it

Hi, I bought my 2008 Duramax LBZ and it came with EFI LIVE on it, but no scanner or way to change the programming. And it is programmed in a way that is not economical for fuel consumption or towing capabilities, which is what I need it to do. Rather than buy the Scanner and attempt to mess with it myself, I would like some advice as to who to send it to that can change the programming so that I can adjust it as needed with a switch controller instead? Or remove the EFI LIVE loads and I will go back to Stock in the truck. I live in Upper Michigan and we don't have any diesel performance shops anywhere near me. I would most likely have to pull the ECM and send it out? Any help is appreciated. This is my first Duramax, I was a Cummins before.

Lifetime Member

For starters is its an 08 its not an LBZ and 08 is an lmm and has DPF and if you go back to stock if it is deleted now if won't run right have will have check engine light and codes. best thing to do is find a shop that has EFI live and have them tune it or buy a Auto cal from a shop and use their tunes. lbz was 06-07. what is the 8th digit of your VIN?
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Thanks, I guess it is an LMM then, I don't have the VIN in front of me. There aren't any shops near me in Michigan that service EFI Live, and from what I was told the particle filter has been deleted. What I want to know is if I can just buy a different tuner and install it over the EFI Live software so I don't have to try and find an EFI Live shop. And as far as using an auto cal and their tunes, I don't know anything about tuning a truck to start with. I would just like the truck to go back to stock and get some decent fuel mileage rather than the crappy mileage I get now. I get 8 mpg towing, and 14 regular driving. My Cummins used to get 23-25 mpg on the highway and 17 in the city, and 21 mpg towing. Everyone told me that the Duramax/Allison is the way to go, but at this point, I was much happier with Dodge Cummins. Any info or contacts for a shop that will deal with this truck near Michigan would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Lifetime Member

Sent you an email. I can help you.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E