Thread: Can't read ECM HUMMER H2 with V1

Default Can't read ECM HUMMER H2 with V1

i am a user of v1 bought new and used the first license on my 2003 hummer h2 GEN 3 and everything worked fine , even written an custom OS . now i have another 2003 hummer h2 and i can't read the ecm ! maybe i am doing something wrong ? here is what i have done till now but with no success :
    1. connect the scan tool and works fine , reads data , can do some live tests , can read codes , can erase codes ...so at first impression everything seems fine

2. started the tune tool , tried to read the flash and no success ! in fast mode at instant drops the connection like 5 sec after it starts ...

3. tried the slow option , 8 min for 1mb ecm and it crashes again. some times after 2 mins , 3 mins even after 5.30 min ...so almost finished ! after 10-15 times i gave up ...

4. in all this time i have put a charger on the battery so i have constant voltage . i have tried with and without the charger ! same thing

5. i have also tried different restarts of the computer , connecting/diconnectig the cable , other USB setups ... nothing !

6. i can read the VIN of the car and all the information

7. in the license window says i have 1 lic used and 1 lic still available ...

the car starts , drives and everything seems fine ! but i am running out of ideas what to do to use the v1 ! is there something i am doing wrong ? there is no place where it asking me to use the other one ! how to use it ? is this normal ? i was thinking that it will ask for the other one or something like this ...

i really don't want to buy this car if i will start having problems with connectivity ! because of my last hummer i am too used with efilive capacities and i can't imagine buying another one and can't use the v1 ...

thanks for reading and please give me some help !

Usually on older vehicles that use the VPW bus for communications when you run in to problems like this there is some aftermarket device connected that causes the problem, XM Radio adaptors, iPod adaptors etc.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

thanks for the tip !
    it has some aftermarket DVD display , but no ipod or anything like that. it also have some LED dimming lights and stuff , LED daylights , LED taillights etc . could this affect ? if so how can i isolate them so they don't interact with the ECM reading process ? i am thinking of disconnecting some fuses ... does somebody know what exactly to leave working and what to disconnect ?
    thanks

i am thinking something else ! is it possible to force write over another OS directly without reading the ECM first ? is it possible to crash the ECM in this way ?

Quote Originally Posted by ar99kid View Post
    i am thinking something else ! is it possible to force write over another OS directly without reading the ECM first ? is it possible to crash the ECM in this way ?
    If the PCM's have DBW, then it is possible to brick the PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by ar99kid View Post
    thanks for the tip !
    it has some aftermarket DVD display , but no ipod or anything like that. it also have some LED dimming lights and stuff , LED daylights , LED taillights etc . could this affect ? if so how can i isolate them so they don't interact with the ECM reading process ? i am thinking of disconnecting some fuses ... does somebody know what exactly to leave working and what to disconnect ?
    thanks
    I think your best option is to remove the PCM and bench flash it.

thanks for the input ! for the moment i left the truck ... it seems to risky and until the owner won't solve the extra aftermarket gadgets problems i will wait ...