Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enable Tap UP Tap Down in Engine SWAPs using corvette tcm tune and external switchs

Lifetime Member

Exactly as de corvette a6 diagram using the corvette tune

Thanks. Trying to figure my system out. I have a converted harness from a 2012 Caprice and there is only one wire going to the transmission for the TU/TD.

Lifetime Member

Yes.that wire comes fromthe tap up tap down circuit

Does the switch you used have two or three leads on it? I'm using a Malibu shifter and if I remember correctly, it only has two leads on it.

Lifetime Member

If the switch has 3 leads it can be used for up and down shift. If it has 2 . Itll be used for up or down

Hi Guys,
    Overline Technology make a module that allows TUTD and also displays the correct gear on a display.
    I think you can use any TFT display you like also.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...933147&theater

This is also done via CAN Bus.

Cheers

Default Hoping for pix of tutd toggle switch shifter for 6L80E

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    If the switch has 3 leads it can be used for up and down shift. If it has 2 . Itll be used for up or down
    400ss, do you have pix of a shift circuit with the 8.25, 4.42 and 1.5 ohm resitors in it with a rocker spring loaded toggle switch? I appologize im not the best with reading wiring scematics but i can look a picture of an actual unit you have put together and i can build anything i can see a picture of. Is this possible? Thanks so much. reply to atlasman75@yahoo.com

Can I change the ohms values the TCM needs to see? THAT would be super beneficial.

The truck shifter sends out values of: 6.84, 3.97, and 1.87
    Verses the corvette's 8.25, 4.42, and 1.5. If you could make that an option it would help all the guys doing these swaps.

Lifetime Member

to be honest i think it cant be done on the TCM,, but is fairly simple to do the circuit with the correct resistors,,

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    to be honest i think it cant be done on the TCM,, but is fairly simple to do the circuit with the correct resistors,,
    I agree, except the truck shifter is set up different than the Vette shifter. I'll try to find a diagram.

For and upshift command it goes through 1 resistor. For a downshift command it goes through 2 resistors, and for the steady state pull up value it goes through 3 resistors. All of which are inside of the shifter and I'm not so sure how easy it will be to get to it to modify it. My shifter should show up this weekend and I will try to take it apart to see if it can be done.

I did find some info from GM that said the steady state should be between 8.11kohms and 8.39kohms. this means it should have the same value as the Vette does for the steady state. The numbers I posted in my first question was from a guy that measured it and posted onto a forum. I guess I should have waited until I got my shifter and tested myself. It may need no adjustment at all.

Thanks for the help 400SS. You seem to always have the answer for the 6L80 questions I have!
    Branden

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast