Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enable Tap UP Tap Down in Engine SWAPs using corvette tcm tune and external switchs

Lifetime Member

the way tutd works on that diagram is using body control module,, it will be simpler just to do a corvette A6 flash on the TCM and run the tutd switchs directly to the TCM

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    the way tutd works on that diagram is using body control module,, it will be simpler just to do a corvette A6 flash on the TCM and run the tutd switchs directly to the TCM
    I agree 100%! And that is what I want to do. BUT, I'm afraid the values per command will be too far off from the Vette values that the TCM won't recognize the command.
    Like I said, I should have waited until I got my shifter and tested the values myself before asking my question.

Thanks,
    Branden

Lifetime Member

whats the shifter youll use?

Factory shifter from 07-13 silverado that had the 6l80 or Allison trans.
    part number 15860125

Lifetime Member

is this in a swap build? whats the PCM and TCM tune from?

07 Silverado 5.3 with a 4l60 in it now.

I will be putting the 6L80 in it in a month or so, once I get everything lined out.

I'll probably have to put an 08 tune in the ECM and probably an 08-10 Vette Tune in the TCM.

Lifetime Member

is the newnew body style or the clasic?,,, check wiring diagram of the BCM on the 07 and the one that came with the 6L80, cross refence the pins and check if have the same function, you can probably swap the BCM or check if tech2 can do a software swap on the BCM for a 6L80E BCM, this way you can use that shifter

Its new body style.

I really WANT to use the Vette method so I don't have to pay for the reflash of the BCM and most likely have to buy a new Gauge Cluster. I'll probably have to end up doing that, but wanted to give this a shot first. I'll post back my findings once the shifter shows up!

Thanks again,
    Branden

400ss - did this work? Were you able to simplify the circuit? I have a floor shifter (caddy / G8) and was hoping to recreate what you have done if it works? Any photos / final wiring diagrams would be a big help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corvette shifter 2.jpg 
Views:	1021 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	19347

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    Been searching alot about this and couldnt get a concrete or complete info on this. So far i found i need the corvette TCM tune. and i find a diagram.

The diagram shows 2 paddles, can i reduce the circuite and leave just one button for upshift and other for downshift like in one of the diagrams a atached.

It shows 3 resistors, 8.25K, 4.42K and 1.5K, do i just ask for a resistor like that? because i seen some resistors are like 1/4W or 1/2W or something like that????

Lets say i finish the circuit, and wired it, and writed the TCM corvette tune. To activate the TUTD function what is needed? just move the shifter from D one step down?? it will be M mode?

If anyone can help i will really apreciate it. i have installed some 6L80E and i would like to be able to use the TUTD thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast