Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E83B ECU Torque Limits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default E83B ECU Torque Limits

Hi Guys, what's the chances of there being a hard coded torque limit in the calibration or OS of the e83b?

I've tried adjusting all sorts of parameters and I can not get the car to register any higher than 280~288nm's of torque. I've even gone as far as pulling the tune with hptuners and while they have more options there is nothing that helped improve on my current setup or limitation.

I can provide logs and copy of the current tune, however the fact I can hit this "limit" at 2700rpm and hold flat till redline is why im suspicious of a missing torque limit table somewhere.

I can confirm the current Torque Limit tables,B7015, B7016 - B7018. Do absolutely nothing. As the car doesn't feature an over boost function. However it may still come into play on boost spikes. (I haven't needed to play around with increasing the boost a great deal yet)

I've also had a play with the Fan power tables and got no change what so ever by setting both tables to 100%, or 1 to 100, and vice a versa. So im lost on how that works.

Im thinking it somehow ties in with engine load or duration. as if you give the car stick the engine coolant temps will drop all the way down to 86c and takes a while for it to rise up back to the standard 104~106c operating temps.

I'd also like to convert the car to run a flex sensor soon too, so having the capability to enable the sensor would be handy too.

post the tune and a log. Do you have a read of the trans?

the car is a manual, so shouldnt even have any tq mgmt issues.E83_0364.efi

some data from my drive today.E83B_share.ctz

the tune is not the current 1, but the car has had the same power limit since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Hi Guys, what's the chances of there being a hard coded torque limit in the calibration or OS of the e83b?
    It is pretty rare that GM hard code any limits in the controllers, it'll be something else that hasn't been unearthed.
    Unfortunately because we cannot disassemble the OS code in that ECM I'm not sure what sort of a solution I can offer you either. Normally we could trace through code to see where the ECM references, but that (as I've already said elsewhere) isn't possible with the E83 ECM, which also makes them an absolute nightmare to map out.

I'd also like to convert the car to run a flex sensor soon too, so having the capability to enable the sensor would be handy too.
    Probably never going to be able to give you that option in our software, sorry, again it's because we can't view the code to find the FlexFuel routines (if they even exist in the E83). I'm not trying to insult your car but the E83 is the low end ECM GM use, smallest pin count, least amount of flash, it might not have the ability for E85 even if the tables exist. What I mean by that is the E38 for example has all the supercharger controls like the E67 does because they share a common code set, but in the E38 the routines are bypassed, it never looks at the S/C parameters & tables even though they are actually in the calibrations.
    Last edited by GMPX; May 12th, 2014 at 01:13 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I loathe to say it, but the flex fuel settings are available in hptuners. :-( - I borrowed the cable from a friend, so don't want to use up any of his licenses, testing it)

It also has a bunch of axle torque settings, which I don't think will make any difference to power restrictions. They seem pretty high as it is.

To be honest the car is actually pretty quick/fun now that the boost comes on nice and early compared to stock, it's now at the limit of where it really needs an lsd in the front end, went through a roundabout on the way home last night after some drizzle and it light up the drivers wheel as I exited.

What's the chances of being able to get some wheel size/speed adjustments like we have in the e38 etc when changing tyre sizes? Im running the standard 18" sriv wheels and the dash is out by 5km's. Probably how they get there low kms/100 figure.

Oh and if really possible, can you explain when it actually runs in high speed air flow mode. the stock settings have it enter at 65 or 6400. I'd like to check/tune the VVE table as it doesn't seem right to me. So would like to fail the maf.

I loathe to say it, but the flex fuel settings are available in hptuners
    They also have the Supercharger settings for the E38 in there (which is why I made that point before). I'm not saying the E83 can't do flex fuel, but it might not have the ability to use a real sensor due to the small pin count on the connectors.

What's the chances of being able to get some wheel size/speed adjustments like we have in the e38 etc when changing tyre sizes?
    If I knew where those were they would have already been in there, I know they are important.

Oh and if really possible, can you explain when it actually runs in high speed air flow mode. the stock settings have it enter at 65 or 6400. I'd like to check/tune the VVE table as it doesn't seem right to me. So would like to fail the maf.
    Whatever the settings are then that is the 'when' question answered. VVE will be weird as it is a variable cam engine, they always look odd, I would not even go there.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

You might have this motor confused with another but the cams in these are fixed. no variable adjustment to them. would be nice if they were.

When you did your flex fuel conversion on the 1.4l where did you get your injector data from to suit? I've found the stock ones are pretty much all ready maxed out on the factory tune thanks to the commanded afr.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cruze-injector.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	16925Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cruze-afr2.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	16926

The flow rate on the ones I fitted was exactly double the factory ones, made it really simple. Whoever recommended them to me had a flow table done already anyway.
    I had no idea there was no variable cams on the 1.6L engines, I'm really surprised about that.

Yeah I thought it was strange too, as according to the wiki on the A16let motor they have double continuous cam phasing. However there appears to be no adjusting them even in HPT. They have the tables but they are all blank.

With any luck they have used the same injectors on the 1.6 as the 1.4. But I might try a set of L98 injectors with some adapters first.

did you sort the torque limit out?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast