Thread: 512KB LQ9 Tune. Anyone have one?

Default 512KB LQ9 Tune. Anyone have one?

I've got an 06 LQ9 going into an 02 Silverado with a 4.8. I already have an 0411 512kb PCM licensed through EFI and would like to use it for the swap. However I can't find any LQ9 512KB tunes. Anyone have any ideas? Its got a 4l60E trans which should be easy to segment swap. Should I just pull an lq4 tune and swap the tables manually? EFI live obviously wont let me compare because they are two different sizes and different calibration numbers.

Thanks!

Dan

I assume you are keeping it drive-by-wire? As far as I know, there were no cable-throttle LQ9's. When they first came out (2002, in the Escalade), they were drive-by-wire (as opposed to almost all of the other Gen III engines in 2002 and older which were drive-by-cable) because Escalades had stability control/traction control.

So if you can find the calibration from a 2002 Escalade, you will be all set.

Keep in mind though, that your 2006 LQ9's throttle body and TAC module are not compatible with the 2002 and older 512kb PCM's. You'll need a 2002 or older throttle body and TAC module...which can be hard to find because so few applications were drive-by-wire prior to 2003 model year.

If you are really in a bind and cant find an 02 Escalade calibration in EFILive format, I would be happy to flash your PCM with a Tech 2 for you (just pay me shipping or whatever)...then you can read out the 02 LQ9 calibration and modify it with EFILive

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    I assume you are keeping it drive-by-wire? As far as I know, there were no cable-throttle LQ9's. When they first came out (2002, in the Escalade), they were drive-by-wire (as opposed to almost all of the other Gen III engines in 2002 and older which were drive-by-cable) because Escalades had stability control/traction control.

So if you can find the calibration from a 2002 Escalade, you will be all set.

Keep in mind though, that your 2006 LQ9's throttle body and TAC module are not compatible with the 2002 and older 512kb PCM's. You'll need a 2002 or older throttle body and TAC module...which can be hard to find because so few applications were drive-by-wire prior to 2003 model year.

If you are really in a bind and cant find an 02 Escalade calibration in EFILive format, I would be happy to flash your PCM with a Tech 2 for you (just pay me shipping or whatever)...then you can read out the 02 LQ9 calibration and modify it with EFILive

Ben
    It will be setup with a cable throttle body as thats what is currently on the truck.
    The spare licensed ECM I have is from a 2001 4.3 Blazer I think, but i currently have it flashed to run my lq4 powered wrangler.
    I never thought about using the Tech-2 to reflash it. I have a tech-2 but not the software to obtain and load factory tunes. I'll have to work on that.

I've been looking for an escalade tune, but can't find one from an 02.

Worse case i'll just pull up an 03 LQ9 tune and copy the tables over manually. That should work correct?

Lifetime Member

If you're going with a cable tb, just find a LQ9 tune that closely matches your engine and copy the tables over. Probably going to be your best bet. Start with the LQ9 Escalade or Silvy SS file, copy spark/fuel tables over to an 02 LQ4 OS. Check injectors/trans/so on to make sure it matches what's going in. Use that as the base, then get your WBO2 and do a Calc.VET and get it squared away.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Hmm looks like thats what I'll have to do. I don't have a WBO2 yet, for a stock swap from a 4.8 to 6.0 using the stock internals and intake/exhaust setup do I need to do the Calc.VET? or will copying stock tables get me where I need to be?

Lifetime Member

Copying stock tables will be close, but for $150 Id get a WBO2 sooner than later and dial it in. If you're going through the hassle of swapping the engine and cost of purchasing EFILive+license, $150 is cheap in the grand scheme of things and it'll run better in the end anyway. Just my .02.

Just saw you said intake and exhaust, yes you're going to want to tune it with a WBO2.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannn View Post
    It will be setup with a cable throttle body as thats what is currently on the truck.
    The spare licensed ECM I have is from a 2001 4.3 Blazer I think, but i currently have it flashed to run my lq4 powered wrangler.
    I never thought about using the Tech-2 to reflash it. I have a tech-2 but not the software to obtain and load factory tunes. I'll have to work on that.

I've been looking for an escalade tune, but can't find one from an 02.

Worse case i'll just pull up an 03 LQ9 tune and copy the tables over manually. That should work correct?
    You'd be surprised how close a 4.8 is to a 6.0L, just a few tables. You can do a side by side comparison in different windows, if your using stock intake and exhaust, factory parameters will be good.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

here is one I have on my 99. It has a LQ9 dbc with 411 pcm and 4L60. Running it for a year now.
    Attached Files Attached Files