Thread: Mind blown

Default Mind blown

Can't believe EFI Live doesn't support the LNF. Are there any plans to support it in the future?
    2000 WS6 T/A White M6, Mods: SLP Lid, Pro 5.0, LS7 clutch, QTP headers, LS6 intake, UMI: adj TA, BMR: LCA, STB, SFC, and adj PB. Best ET of 13.7 @ 107mph.

Why is it mind blowing we decided not to support that? They use a horrible Bosch ECM, something nobody here wants to deal with.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Why is it mind blowing we decided not to support that? They use a horrible Bosch ECM, something nobody here wants to deal with.
    Wow, first of all that sounds like a comp out. Secondly, ya'll must be doing really good business to be able to cherry pick which ECM's you want to support with no regard for your competitors and cars that have an enthusiast following for modification (and there for a market in which to sell your product). I'm starting to think I made a mistake buying EFI live over HPtuners...
    2000 WS6 T/A White M6, Mods: SLP Lid, Pro 5.0, LS7 clutch, QTP headers, LS6 intake, UMI: adj TA, BMR: LCA, STB, SFC, and adj PB. Best ET of 13.7 @ 107mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong05 View Post
    Wow, first of all that sounds like a comp out.
    I am going to assume for you to have come to that conclusion you have a background in reverse engineering and product development to appreciate what is involved just to get one ECM type to market?

Secondly, ya'll must be doing really good business to be able to cherry pick which ECM's you want to support with no regard for your competitors
    That is precisely why we choose to pursue the ECM's we do, you need to investigate your tuning options further on those Bosch ECM's, the market is wide open in Europe. The race for those ECM's has already been run.

I'm starting to think I made a mistake buying EFI live over HPtuners...
    I'm betting that nothing I say from this point on will appease what you are feeling. But I can assure you we look at every vehicle type and ECM type and make support decisions based on market popularity and level of difficulty and finally what other products are already on the market. So as much as you may hate to hear this, the 10,000 or so LNF's they sold per year (VERY optimistic guess) pales in comparison to the 1,000,000+ Duramax Diesel's GM have rolled out, or the 100,000+ Dodge RAM Diesels they sell every year.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I am indeed an engineer with 8 years of experience in developmental engineering for the USAF (currently getting my masters in business and MIS). That's fine, it's your decision not to support and it might be the right one for your company. But just so you know I'm seriously considering switching to HP tuners because you don't support the LNF (as I'm picking up a GXP this Friday if all goes well). I'd prefer to only have to pay for and be familiar with one software suite to suit my needs. Of course this is all moot as you've already made the money off of me due to my own shortsightedness (honestly I could of swore when I bought EFI live that it supported the LNF... oh well). All that aside up until this point I've been happy with EFI, especially the Calc VE method that was developed here. And just to throw you a bone for customer feedback/demographics... I purchased this suite to begin with because I thought it supported all GM performance cars, as I generally only buy, tune and modify GM cars.

Lifetime Member

Sell your EFI Live, you won't take much of a hit as they're rare second hand and plenty of people like to save a few $$$ over the new price

I bought a playstation 4 ASSUMING COD was supported... It wasn't, now I'm stuck with a PS4 and I'm considering calling them and telling them they are dumb because it doesn't support COD.... What are your thoughts?

-non engineer video game kid
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    I bought a playstation 4 ASSUMING COD was supported... It wasn't, now I'm stuck with a PS4 and I'm considering calling them and telling them they are dumb because it doesn't support COD.... What are your thoughts?

-non engineer video game kid

Nice!