Thread: Updated software to current version, now freezes when connected to V2

Default Updated software to current version, now freezes when connected to V2

When I tried to connect to a friend's 2010 Silverado I was prompted I must update.

I updated to the current listed version of V8 on the site and also updated the V2 firmware (or at least now it says has green checks next to everything and says it is updated).

Now when I try to open the Tune or Scan tool with V2 connected it freezes. If I unplug the V2 it opens normal, but plugging it back in freezes the software again.

I tried reverting to an older driver for the V2 and that corrected the freeze issue. But now if I try to connect to his truck, it goes back to telling me to update the software and firmware. Trying to update, it says I have the current version installed. I am afraid to uninstall and reinstall because I do not want to lose my data files. Is it safe to do so? I don't really want to lose my BINs, PID sets, etc.

Thank you for your help
    71 Chevelle, LS1/4l60e, EPS 230/238 113+2, hand ported 799s, ported Fast 90/90, Doug's headers, 3.42 12 bolt

Hi Thunderstruck,

so you have V8 build 246, and V2 firmware 2.7.53...?

( hmmm, btw, is that "Thunder's Truck" or "Thunder-struck"...? )

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Did you update the V7.5 software as well? There is a bug in the USB drivers that will cause the V7.5 software to hang until the V2 is disconnected. The latest V7 software has been altered to work around the bug in the USB driver.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

It is thunderstruck like the AC/DC song.

Blacky: I guess that might be the problem. I only clicked on the V8 button on EFI Lives website, I thought it updated everything. The error message I was getting when trying to connect to his truck said I needed to upgrade to V8 so I guess I thought the V7.5 button was for the older version of the software.

Rookie mistake I guess. I get confused by the names for the various programs in the EFI Live bundle. Now I just feel dumb haha
    71 Chevelle, LS1/4l60e, EPS 230/238 113+2, hand ported 799s, ported Fast 90/90, Doug's headers, 3.42 12 bolt

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck507 View Post

Blacky: I guess that might be the problem. I only clicked on the V8 button on EFI Lives website, I thought it updated everything. The error message I was getting when trying to connect to his truck said I needed to upgrade to V8 so I guess I thought the V7.5 button was for the older version of the software.

Rookie mistake I guess. I get confused by the names for the various programs in the EFI Live bundle. Now I just feel dumb haha
    Not a dumb mistake, having two versions of the software is confusing and we're working as fast as we can to get V8 finished so V7 can be retired.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck507 View Post