Thread: DSP5 Tube not working correctly, need help

Default DSP5 Tube not working correctly, need help

Hi I having troubles with table A0147, I have a lot of thefts in my area and created a security tune in one of my DSP slots but when I goto switch tunes with my FSv2 I don't get prompted to input a password it just changes, and also I can still freely change tunes with my Edge CTS, I want to be able to leave my edge unit hooked up at all times and not have to remove it and just use my FSv2 to switch tunes, I have a secondary OBD2 port in my truck and it works fine just if I'm scanning with the FSv2 I get false readings on my Edge unit which isn't a big deal, I just want my A0147 table to work.

Answering your question from PM. You are unable to rec PM's.

The LLY, as is from the factory, had a massive problem with induction overheating and turbo overspeed. If it was used to tow at all, especially at altitude, it had an expiration date. I am happy to look at the tune, but even stock tuning, in my opinion, was running off the compressor map at sea level, and well off any Garrett conception when at 100% duty in the mountains. Head gaskets were common issues with major induction air heatup. ANY tuning that increased boost above factory, would be purely reckless, if the hardware issues were not corrected first. You can google search "LLY mouthpiece Induction" to get an idea of the expose I did to bring awareness to the problem.

Michael
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Quote Originally Posted by 04gmcdirtymax View Post
    Hi I having troubles with table A0147, I have a lot of thefts in my area and created a security tune in one of my DSP slots but when I goto switch tunes with my FSv2 I don't get prompted to input a password it just changes, and also I can still freely change tunes with my Edge CTS, I want to be able to leave my edge unit hooked up at all times and not have to remove it and just use my FSv2 to switch tunes, I have a secondary OBD2 port in my truck and it works fine just if I'm scanning with the FSv2 I get false readings on my Edge unit which isn't a big deal, I just want my A0147 table to work.
    To answer this question, alot of these "features" in the LLY DSP don't work as expected. They might as well be considered End Of Life controllers. If I get some time this week Ill test and see if I can replicate this and let you know if I find a fix.

There is a Digital DSP switch coming out soon that will allow the setting of a password to change tunes. That, or a keylock switch might be more down your alley.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    To answer this question, alot of these "features" in the LLY DSP don't work as expected. They might as well be considered End Of Life controllers. If I get some time this week Ill test and see if I can replicate this and let you know if I find a fix.
    Unfortunately you weren't on the beta test team back in 2007; in hindsight I wish you were given none of the issues identified by you 7 or 8 years after our final calibration release were picked up by the beta team or by our customers in the first 6-7 years of public release.

The calz files have not been touched since October 2008, our development team are working on new projects and won't be revisiting a project last worked on 9 years ago.

Cheers
    Cindy