I think I posted this in the wrong selection before.

So I'm Ryan Nazaretian, the Mississippi State University EcoCAR 2 Controls Lead. We're in our final year of the three year competition and we're also about to go to the final competition next weekend.

I've hit some snags here recently regarding our 6T45 transmission which was originally designed for a GMC Terrain. We have installed this transmission into a 2013 Chevy Malibu eAssist that originally came with the 6T40 transmission.

I've been trying to customize the shift map on the 6T45 for better economy and performance with our 200HP electric motor, as well as make it shift properly. We're also using a GM 1.4 Liter Turbo I4 Ecotec LUJ in parallel.

We have a maximum input speed of 6000RPM due to mechanical restrictions in our design. Given this, if we apply wide open throttle, the engine or motor will spin up to 6000RPM rapidly, but the transmission won't shift out of 2nd due to it waiting on a higher RPM to be reached given the 100% accelerator pedal position.

To combat this, we want to use our EFILive V2 FlashScan tool to do either two things:
Reprogram the stock shift map to better suit our car.
Enable TAPshift for our transmission (disabled for Terrain).

Has anyone customized a T76 TCM with EFI Live??

We're looking at flashes from a few different compatible vehicles:
Buick LaCrosse
Chevrolet Captiva Sport
Chevrolet Equinox
GMC Terrain

Our local GM dealership is awesome and is letting us read the flashes on whatever vehicles we want.

I have no experience yet with EFILive but older members of the team that have been here for more than a semester swear by the product and say it's probably possible to use it for our application.