Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: COS 3 not responding to VE map changes

it sounds like the injectors are on the default min pulsewidth allowed by the ECM, ive had this happen a lot on stock cars/smaller engines with big injectors, like said above apply the .cax for the minimum transient pulse width, it will show up in the parameters menu under injectors....knock it back by 50% or so and it will lean right out......keep in mind your 45% leaner VE in that spot is more than likely incorrect right now you will probably have to put most of that back in

I did set the fuel pressure to 58 psi with the vacuum hose removed. I just did some reading on the hole ".cax" topic and It seems like that should do the trick. I know I would probably have an easier time with less fuel pressure but before I sold my dyno I watched one of the tuners that rented out my shop spend hours experimenting with different fuel pressures on different vehicles and he would usually make the best power at a higher fuel pressure. He would normally end up around 70 psi. I didn't get to do much testing on my own car but I would imagine I would end up with better atomization at 58 psi instead of 40 something.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	16952When I copy the .cax file into the calibration folder I get the error in this screen shot. I also tried changing the file extension to .txt and I had the same error.

Which .cax file did you use. Since Efilive added some calibrations that are available in some of the cax files, this error prevents a duplicate table being added. Find the cax file in the stickies in the cax section that only defines B9021.
    See here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...01250003/page2
    The Tremor at AIR

I just used cax a from the link you posted and I still get errors. I used a different cax file to begin with and it seems to have vanished from the configuration folder. Maybe I should reinstall efi live and try again. I searched for the original cax file that I used and even included "hidden" files in the search criteria but it's just not there.

The Tremor at AIR

The info in that link did it! Thanks to everyone for helping me out. If it wasn't for this forum and the helpful people on it I would have a MUCH harder time with all of this. I'll see if I can get a lean idle in the morning. It's 1 AM here...

1am... that's when I can do big tasks (like dropping/installing the transmission) without interruptions...

The car still idles in the 10s... I halfed the minimum pulse width, changed the ve table again, took fuel out of the commanded afr. One thing worth noting is that the car idles in the 14 for a few seconds when you first turn it on whether its hot or cold and then drops right back into the 10s.

Post some pics of BEN correction maps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast