Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holden Colorado MY14 Duramax 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    When the Duramax LML ECM came out we all thought it was a Delphi because it had E38 style connectors on it....nope, it was Bosch inside.
    x2! It is very strange that the LML is in a Delphi-esque case and has Molex MX123 connectors, a la E67, etc. I remember having a conversation a long time ago when I first got some pics of an early LML harness and ASSumed it was Delphi based on exterior appearance.

I wonder why that is? For cost savings, wouldnt it have been 10000x easier/cheaper for GM to just use the standard Euro EDC17 case? Like they did with the EDC16 on the LBZ/LMM??

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Hopefully the 2.8L Duramax has a tunable ECM when it comes to the states next MY...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

at the very least, the ECM will be flashable via OBD...because the EPA OBD-II standard dictates that all mfg's have to allow updates/reflashes to be performed via OBD.

The question is will it be able to be read out via OBD, or locked (like the LML)
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Well I'm hoping for the best. I'm getting impatient but.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by horvo86 View Post
    Well I'm hoping for the best. I'm getting impatient but.
    You could always just park your brand new Colorado and ship us the ECM I am joking....we just need to wait for one to show up. Or if your mates with your dealer, feel free to ask what the cost of a replacement ECM is and we will purchase one.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    You could always just park your brand new Colorado and ship us the ECM I am joking....we just need to wait for one to show up. Or if your mates with your dealer, feel free to ask what the cost of a replacement ECM is and we will purchase one.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Anyone have a VIN for one of these? Seeing if my parts guy can order one in.

Quote Originally Posted by poopsbrown View Post
    I will find out some info from my dealer about a ECM.

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    at the very least, the ECM will be flashable via OBD...because the EPA OBD-II standard dictates that all mfg's have to allow updates/reflashes to be performed via OBD.
    Doesn't mean much now, many of the new ECM's carry digital signature validation, so anyone can flash them with the right tools but unless you can correct the digital signature on a modified tune it won't accept it (eg 2013+ Cummins).

Quote Originally Posted by poopsbrown View Post
    I would suspect the Colorado engine to be used in the USA will be different, therefore a different ECM. The Colorado these guys are talking about has (from factory) no DPF, no Urea etc. USA laws mandate they will need to be fitted for you guys so it might not use the same ECM. Example being the Cruze Diesel ECM in the USA is a USA specific ECM, no other Cruze Diesels use it worldwide.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yea, I was talking about the Holden one just to play with, I haven't heard much at all about the USA diesels yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Doesn't mean much now, many of the new ECM's carry digital signature validation, so anyone can flash them with the right tools but unless you can correct the digital signature on a modified tune it won't accept it (eg 2013+ Cummins).
    Can the V2 do 1939 can0 to read out most cummins at least? Would be handy if I was on the road, havent tried yet.
    Last edited by poopsbrown; June 2nd, 2014 at 02:10 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast