Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some assistance for a nOOb? Stumbling issue caused by A/C

Default Some assistance for a nOOb? Stumbling issue caused by A/C

A bit of background...

Issue:
    Bought the car (2010 Camaro LS3) late last year, and noticed a stumble at times; mostly in traffic/idling. Car as far as I know was stock except for a catback. No signs of any work being done/reversed in the engine bay. Installed the "strong" MAF as they call it as I had the bad one, it didn't help. Also was able to get a cold air kit (by CAI) and installed that.
    Through the winter, everything was fine, as the outside temps got colder. As the weather got warmer, I noticed the stumbling again and it got worst.

What we've done for now:
    Got a EFILive license using a friend's shop and he adjusted the MAF table a down a bit in the lower ranges to keep the car from stumbling. This helped, but car feels slightly sluggish from a start as if it's trying to catch up; then is fine at the top end ... although we have noticed some knock retard (3-4 deg) at the top end too. This is without using the A/C.

More/present:
    I'm still fine when I don't use A/C. When I turn the A/C on, I notice the engine pick up a bit to offset the load. However, when I turn it off; or when the clutch disengages during normal operation, it stumbles and starts right back up again. I'm really at my wits end with this car. I love almost everything about it ... almost!

Question:
    Could it be a BCM issue? Tuning issue? There's two A/C tables (b1825/6) that were mentioned to me, which one do we look at? I'm still a nOOb at this ... give me ladder logic and machinery design and control and I'll do it, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around ECM's.

Internals are stock (afaik) with only an intake and catback. It's my daily driver too.

vid I took yesterday ... http://youtu.be/0DpGOJR-fp8
    Last edited by Mean Green Z28; June 18th, 2014 at 03:43 AM.

maybe this would help?

Any reason why my original post isn't showing?
    Was it deleted by a moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Any reason why my original post isn't showing?
    Was it deleted by a moderator?
    It was automatically marked for moderation probably due to the url (it thought it was spam?)... so I unmarked it, you should be able to see it now.

Thanks!

Well now, hopefully I can get some help ...

I played around with the pulling fuses/relays last night. Pulling the fuse/relay for the A/C clutch while it was running didn't affect how the engine ran. Only when it cuts off automatically or I turn off the A/C. So I believe it to be something in the tune/BCM ... ugh

There's no A/C torque compensation spark tables in EFILive for the E38? HP Tuners has it and the older tunes have it in EFILive???

I've attached my current tune that I put in yesterday. Put the MAF back to stock but left the idle slightly higher and skip shift disabled.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I pm'd Tech Support on your other thread.

I was informed that my current operating system 12633056 has the A/C issue and GM had fixed with with subsequent versions 12635863/12637084 ... I'm going to try these new files today. Is there any specific advice I need when flashing a new operating system? I checked the document that lists the all the compatible operating systems for my ECM/hardware and it works. Any other special buttons/keystokes needed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast