Thread: First time flashing $0101 error

Default First time flashing $0101 error

Im very new to EFI Live and tried to flash a tune to my LBZ tonight with some very bad results. I received a $0101 code and the V2 cannot establish a connection with the ECM. The tune I used was just a small daily driver tune someone submitted to dieselplace.com's tuning library, I figured it would be something to learn the process with, I changed the vin and proceeded to flash the ecm. I used the V8 software and that was when I received the error. Now if you try to validate a connection trying to use V7.5 it won't show any connection at all. Firmware and boot block is all up to date and like I said I'm new to this so please walk me through how y'all would evaluate the situation.

The truck previously had an HP tune on it and I've heard this causing some issues but hopefully that isn't what is causing this. I do have access to the HP module to reflash the tune with it but I doubt it will be able to make a connection either.

Update: I guess there is some kind of connection, the V2 is now "reading" the ecm via V8 software and it has taken 8 mins already with another 10 estimated minutes left. That is much longer than any other time it has taken me to read a pcm using V7.5 under normal circumstances. It is showing progress on the bar.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The best thing you could do is to log a technical support case with the appropriate log/trace file so that EFILive support can help you figure out if anything is wrong and if there is, what can be done about it:
    https://support.efilive.com/kb_artic...7778-QEKN-0400

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Well I tried pulling fuses and a few other tricks that the internet suggest for $0101 issues and changing laptops is all it took. When I got home today I pulled my old dell out and it had no issue at all, even threw a few different tunes through it just to check and it didn't miss a lick. My new laptop on the other hand still threw the $0101 when I retested with it so hopefully this info will help some others out there.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Well I tried pulling fuses and a few other tricks that the internet suggest for $0101 issues and changing laptops is all it took. When I got home today I pulled my old dell out and it had no issue at all, even threw a few different tunes through it just to check and it didn't miss a lick. My new laptop on the other hand still threw the $0101 when I retested with it so hopefully this info will help some others out there.
    Could this be the cause of the problems?
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...28USB3-xHCI%29

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Sounds likely I'll have to try that, thanks for the link!