Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Update: Jun 16, 2014

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuraBurb View Post
    UPDATE:
    Full reboot of PC and V2 and we are back up and running Anyone with this issue just do a full reboot with the Updated V8 that gets everything working again.

Eric Swanson
    DuraBurb Service Dept
    Thanks for the feedbak Eric.

It is possible that the EFILive_VM.dll was still loaded in the system when the updated software was installed. In that case, Windows will choose not to overwrite the dll during the install but wait until the next reboot before it installs the new dll. I will do some testing with the installer and try to figure out if that is what might have happened and if it did, add some checks to detect it and warn the user that a reboot is required.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The V8 download has been updated to fix this problem. Please download it again from the first post in this thread and re-install.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul,

Thanks for the new update release. That fixed the issues we were having flashing a LBZ truck this morning.

Guys I am getting a $0525 tune file not compatible with version. At the worst possible time since I am desperately trying to fix an LMM tonight and can't flash. As a matter of fact I have been having issues with LMM boost ever since a recent update but I am not jumping to the conclusion it's related.

Yes I have the latest of everything. Won't let me flash. Really sucks.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Guys I am getting a $0525 tune file not compatible with version. At the worst possible time since I am desperately trying to fix an LMM tonight and can't flash. As a matter of fact I have been having issues with LMM boost ever since a recent update but I am not jumping to the conclusion it's related.

Yes I have the latest of everything. Won't let me flash. Really sucks.
    Roland, The original release was updated yesterday for this issue - see this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    We have confirmed that the error message "Tune file is not compatible with current software version." may be displayed when attempting to flash tune files using the V8 software. There is no workaround. This error will be fixed an a new update posted as soon as possible.

The error was caused by an incorrect build process that built a faulty installation file.

Regards
    Paul
    If you updated to June 16 before yesterday, you'll need to install it again.

You should also be aware of this warning from the original post if infact your tune was created with the June pre-release but you have a customer flashing with an older version.

IMPORTANT: The *.ctz and *.coz tune file formats have been updated. All existing *.ctz and *.coz files will continue to operate with the V7.5 and V8 software and with the FlashScan and AutoCal firmware. All new *.ctz and *.coz tune files that are saved using the following software or firmware versions: V7.5.7.259, V8.2.2.252, V2.07.61 (or later versions) will no longer be compatible with older software or firmware versions.
    That means if you are using this latest software version, then any tune files that you save may only be shared with other EFILive users who are using this latest (or a later) version of the software and/or firmware. For tuners that means making sure your customers' software matches the software and firmware version that you are using.

Cheers
    Cindy

Thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply Cindy. This is occurring with the latest available update I downloaded today just hours ago.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply Cindy. This is occurring with the latest available update I downloaded today just hours ago.
    Did you reboot your PC after installing the latest update?

If so, can you please check the dates of these two files:

\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe
    \Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_VM.dll

The date and time stamp on them should be:
    June 18, 2014 at 10:21 am.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

V7 tunetool won't let me save file as .tun (.ctz is the only save as option).

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I guess that brings up the question of how come they have the same lockup issues as all the rest? They must use a different limiting table than other years do. Guess I'm up that creek without a paddle as I can ONLY use the 01 OS with my swap and have it shift and function correctly.
    is the OS the same as CIN or are they different?

and what is the benefit of a full flash over a cal flash for the A40 controller?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    V7 tunetool won't let me save file as .tun (.ctz is the only save as option).
    I believe they dropped the .tun files.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast