Thread: stand alone harness for airboat

Default stand alone harness for airboat

Not sure on the normal procedure for the first post but here it goes.

I am new to EFI live and I'm trying to complete a standalone harness for a airboat. The engine is a 2010 5.3 VVT motor that is 100% stock. I'm in the process of building the harness now and It will be a few days before I'm ready to start to program the PCM. When I get done with the harness what exactly am I going to need to do with the tune to get it running?

Lifetime Member

Are you going to use a OEM PCM? like E38?

if thats the case, first, you need to read the stock tune from the stock PCM..

Then mod the tune to match your setup, if your keep o2s, maf, mafless, and that kind of stuff,
    then to be able to start the engine you need to disable VATS (vehicle anti theft System) you need to plug the V2 to the pcm then open v7 open the patch folder and choose VATS PATCH, then go to system folder and select NO in VATS options then do a full flash,,, but to be honest there is no 5.3L VVT with manual trans tune, i think is easy to remove the VVT, and use lingenfelter converter box and run the engine with a LS1B PCM... or you can explain better what you want

Lifetime Member

and this thread goes in GEN4 section,

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    Are you going to use a OEM PCM? like E38?

if thats the case, first, you need to read the stock tune from the stock PCM..

Then mod the tune to match your setup, if your keep o2s, maf, mafless, and that kind of stuff,
    then to be able to start the engine you need to disable VATS (vehicle anti theft System) you need to plug the V2 to the pcm then open v7 open the patch folder and choose VATS PATCH, then go to system folder and select NO in VATS options then do a full flash,,, but to be honest there is no 5.3L VVT with manual trans tune, i think is easy to remove the VVT, and use lingenfelter converter box and run the engine with a LS1B PCM... or you can explain better what you want
    I've been doing a lot of reading today so I can explain what I have got. I will be using a old style OEM PCM (2003). The engine was purchased with the wrong computer and harness. I didn't figure that out until I started on the harness today. So, I will using the old style PCM and a lingenfelter 58 to 24 box to connect to the engine. Yes I will need to disable the vats to stat the engine. I was unsure if I needed some sort of vin# to connect to the PCM with efi live. I will know a little more in a few days when I can connect to the PCM with efi live.
    I really ask questions to fast before I was ready to try to delete vats. I know I won't have a speed sensor on the boat but with the 58 to 24 box I can get around that I hope. If not I will delete it. I'm sure I will have 100 questions when I'm able to connect and get this thing going. Thanks for the response.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by skinny chicken View Post
    I've been doing a lot of reading today so I can explain what I have got. I will be using a old style OEM PCM (2003). The engine was purchased with the wrong computer and harness. I didn't figure that out until I started on the harness today. So, I will using the old style PCM and a lingenfelter 58 to 24 box to connect to the engine. Yes I will need to disable the vats to stat the engine. I was unsure if I needed some sort of vin# to connect to the PCM with efi live. I will know a little more in a few days when I can connect to the PCM with efi live.
    I really ask questions to fast before I was ready to try to delete vats. I know I won't have a speed sensor on the boat but with the 58 to 24 box I can get around that I hope. If not I will delete it. I'm sure I will have 100 questions when I'm able to connect and get this thing going. Thanks for the response.
    IF your engine is 2010 VVT, you need to buy a VVT delete kit..
    The lingenfelter box is to convert the crank cam signal to the correct one for the older PCM..
    it will work just fine without the VSS signal.
    You can run it without MAF and without o2s to keep it simpler..
    tune VE with Wideband and done.
    If you need help on the harness i can help you out, for reference you can check, www.lt1swap.com IF I CANT POST WEB ADDRESS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DELETE IT

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    IF your engine is 2010 VVT, you need to buy a VVT delete kit..
    The lingenfelter box is to convert the crank cam signal to the correct one for the older PCM..
    it will work just fine without the VSS signal.
    You can run it without MAF and without o2s to keep it simpler..
    tune VE with Wideband and done.
    If you need help on the harness i can help you out, for reference you can check, www.lt1swap.com IF I CANT POST WEB ADDRESS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DELETE IT
    Thanks for the info. I've been using your harness info of the web. It looks like I'm at least headed in the right direction.

Lifetime Member

ITs not my WEB but i did use it a lot too, has good info on it, IF you need help let me know

Thanks a lot. I will sure be bugging you in a few days.