Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update: Jun 21, 2014

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Update: Jun 21, 2014

The June 2014 public pre-release software is now available.

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download V7.5 Software (92 MB)
    Download V8 Software
    (45 MB)

Release Notes:
    Release Notes.

The FlashScan/AutoCal V2 firmware has been updated, the version number has been increased to V2.07.62, and the firmware date has been updated to June 21, 2014. There has been no actual change to the firmware since the previous (V2.07.61) version. The updated version number is for internal tracking/compatibility/consistency only.

IMPORTANT: The *.ctz and *.coz tune file formats were updated in the previous update. All existing *.ctz and *.coz files will continue to operate with the V7.5 and V8 software and with the FlashScan and AutoCal firmware. All new *.ctz and *.coz tune files that are saved using the following software or firmware versions: V7.5.7.259, V8.2.2.252, V2.07.61 (or later versions) will no longer be compatible with older software or firmware versions.
    That means if you are using this latest software version, then any tune files that you save may only be shared with other EFILive users who are using this latest (or a later) version of the software and/or firmware. For tuners that means making sure your customers' software matches the software and firmware version that you are using.

Fixed Issues:

1. The PID display sequence in the V8 Scan Tool was not being saved/loaded correctly.
    2. Some E86 calibrations that displayed incorrectly have been fixed.
    3. Some E39, E78, E83 and E92 calibrations that displayed incorrectly have been fixed.
    4. Configuring LMM PID linking between the V7 Scan Tool and Tuning Tool software requires that you copy the existing LBZ_Link.ini file to a new file called LMM_Link.ini. The section name in the new LMM_Link.ini file must also be changed to [LMM].

Known Issues:
    Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 260
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 253
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014
    )
    To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.62 (Jun 21
    , 2014)
    To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; July 3rd, 2014 at 03:06 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks !
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I loaded the latest build today and flashed my 5.9L with no problems. Later in the day I plugged in my flashscan to do some bbloging. the problem im having is that the .efi file will only play in v8 and not v7.5. all my old build logs will play in both programs with no problems. CMB_0010.efi please try this file
    EFILive Beta Tester

2006 DODGE RAM 2500 4X4 Industrial Injection R1 100HP Injectors and BAG-O-PARTS, ATS Exhaust Manifold, AFE 67MM Turbo and MANIFOLD

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by garrettg.bpd View Post
    I loaded the latest build today and flashed my 5.9L with no problems. Later in the day I plugged in my flashscan to do some bbloging. the problem im having is that the .efi file will only play in v8 and not v7.5. all my old build logs will play in both programs with no problems. CMB_0010.efi please try this file
    I just BBL the LML and everything works fine.

I know I needed to redo my BBL PIDs for the LML because of the A/B controller being added and reload all the new Config files.

I think the problem could your Config files did not get updated to the 6/20/14 for your controller?

Just a thought.
    2011 LML 3500HD CC D/A 4x4
    2006 LBZ 3500 CC D/A 4x4 Sold
    2001 LB7 2500HD D/A 4x4 Sold

Thanks.

Thanks
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Quote Originally Posted by garrettg.bpd View Post
    It is a "known/fixed" issue with Cummins BBL data logs. To allow for future expansion, the PID prefix "CH" (which EFILive was using to indicate PIDs from Cummins Diesel controllers) has been recently changed to CM. CH is now reserved for future implementations of Chrysler PIDs. Old Cummins BBL data logs that contain PIDs with the "CH" prefix will not load correctly in V7. If you have old data logs that you really want/need to use in V7, they can be converted by changing all the PID names from CH.xxx to CM.xxx using a program like Hex Workshop.

I've attached your file with the PIDs renamed from CH.xxx to CM.xxx so that it will now load in V7.

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

Paul thanks for the file fix. but all my old bbl files work fine. The one I made yesterday is the only one that wont load after the latest update. All my old logs are cm pids.
    EFILive Beta Tester

2006 DODGE RAM 2500 4X4 Industrial Injection R1 100HP Injectors and BAG-O-PARTS, ATS Exhaust Manifold, AFE 67MM Turbo and MANIFOLD

Check that you have the latest update of the CMB.pmm file on your FlashScan device. The "CM" code is encoded in that file (same goes for CMC.pmm).
    The date/time stamp on the CMB.pmm file should be June 26, 2014 1:57pm sorry it should be June 21, 2014 1:57pm

Also make sure you are using firmware V2.07.62

Regards
    Paul

Im using firmware v2.07.62. The date stamp on CMB.pmm is 6/20/2014 8.57 p.m.
    EFILive Beta Tester

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast