Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E38-2011 Corvette Grand Sport full flash, get "service traction system" + "stability

Default E38-2011 Corvette Grand Sport full flash, get "service traction system" + "stability

East Coast Supercharged Grand Sport Corvette, 2011. They supplied a base tune using a map sensor from a zr1. They said it needed a full flash, therefore selected "flash tune and operating system" in newest release of V7.5

Flashes, and on restart, cranks for a long time (presumably while MAF fails), and then gives error on the dash "service stability control system" Traction control system, and on first start, "Service electrical system". On restart, no electrical system error.

Here is the tun file they supplied. They told my friend they have lots of these running around, and this was the first with with this issue. After our first attempt they sent another file with same result.

If we flash it back to "stock" with just a few changes for 60# injectors, and re -install stock map sensor, it runs and drives with no errors.

Any suggestion?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bump!

lol.

So tried just a normal flash, seems like exact same result.

Does the On Star fuse have to be pulled or something?

Is it not taking the full flash even though it says it is?

No known issues exist with E38 flashing and typically no fuses would need to be removed when flashing.
    If the car runs ok with the slightly modified stock tune then it must be something in the supplied tune.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Agreed. There is no "MAF fail delay" when cranking, as the E38 runs in SD mode till the engine fires, so the MAF has little to do with air flow. In fact, if you run a MAF tune and unplug the MAF, the engine will fire then die when the ECM attempts to read the MAF.

The tune sounds off, but I can have a look at it later on.

Simon.

OK, had a look at the tune.

It's certainly a "starter" tune, as the VVE looks rather stock for a FI car. The rest seems OK, although B1832 is a bit interesting, it looks a bit high when the engine is warm and there's a funny spike at 20'C. It looks like a bad cut-paste.

For the long crank issue, is it only occurring first start after the re-flash or every cold start?

I can't see any reason it'd cause the warning lights though, have you confirmed the OS numbers between the original and this tune?

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    OK, had a look at the tune.

It's certainly a "starter" tune, as the VVE looks rather stock for a FI car. The rest seems OK, although B1832 is a bit interesting, it looks a bit high when the engine is warm and there's a funny spike at 20'C. It looks like a bad cut-paste.

For the long crank issue, is it only occurring first start after the re-flash or every cold start?

I can't see any reason it'd cause the warning lights though, have you confirmed the OS numbers between the original and this tune?

Simon.
    Thanks.

Long start only on first start. Then ok. At one point we tried disconnecting the battery to try clear the active handling and traction lights (the traction control light on dash is also on). After we did that, we could not re start the car no matter what we tried.

Re flashed it, and it started. Ditto clearing the pending codes with scan (maf high or whatever). Had to reflash to get it to start.

Do you have a stock ZR1 file that we can compare against...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Do you have a stock ZR1 file that we can compare against...?
    I'm not sure if that is a zr1 tune file, or they just named it that because they put a zr1 map sensor in it. Grand Sport vette is just an ls3 afaik. The supercharger kit is a centrifugal style.

So, the car had headers, and a tune before, I'm attaching the tun file it drove in on. Buddy then changed the map sensor, and added 60# injectors, and I loaded the previous posted "zr1" tune file.

THanks for looking guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

You shouldn't have to full flash it. I've never seen this on an E38, but I have seen it on an E67 where the CAN Bus connection is not re-established between the ECM and BCM after a flash. The Service Stabilitrak message will normally display on the DIC during the start of the flash, but will reconnect after it's complete, then the normal DIC values will display. Pulling the BCM fuse will usually fix it. Try a normal flash (not full) with the provided tune. If the problem persists, then there probably is corrupt data in the file and should be discarded for a new one.

Lifetime Member

Try copying all of the data from the "tune" to the stock file, resaved it with a new name then flash it to see if that works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast