Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E38-2011 Corvette Grand Sport full flash, get "service traction system" + "stability

Quote Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
    Try copying all of the data from the "tune" to the stock file, resaved it with a new name then flash it to see if that works.
    At one point I did just a regular flash, same result.

This is the second map they sent.

I dunno, at this point, it would probably be just as good to just tune from scratch. Looking at their injector values for the SD 60's, seem a little "chinsy" compared to what I have for them anyway. Doesn't seem like a lot of effort went into their tune.

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

Lifetime Member

I agree it would be better to start from scratch at this point. Mail order tunes are rarely spot on from the start and forced induction makes it even tougher. Do you know how to use the compare feature? I ask because you can compare the tunes side by side which shows some interesting changes that may or may not be relevant. There are quite a few odd things in this tune mostly in the DTC area.

Can you confirm if the "base" tune you posted is the actual unmodified stock file? If not, can you post it?

Some observations
    - The MAF values were modified, yet the MAF is set to fail if above 1hz and below 1126hz. The MAF DTC's are set to No MIL.
    - There are several DTC's changed to "non-emissions" including U0073 "Control Module Communication Bus Off"
    >I don't if they changed these; but I would compare them to the stock values to make sure.
    - Some of the TCS options were turned on; yet the tip in torque values are maxed out.
    > Once again compare these to stock to confirm. I would leave these stock.
    - The injector Flow Rate slope is completely different between the two; yet both reference vacuum.
    > Do you have the complete set of values for these injectors?

It's up to you I would consider asking for a refund and trying another tuner or building your own tune since you already have the software (or is it Autocal?)

I agree it would be better to start from scratch at this point. Mail order tunes are rarely spot on from the start and forced induction makes it even tougher. Do you know how to use the compare feature? I ask because you can compare the tunes side by side which shows some interesting changes that may or may not be relevant. There are quite a few odd things in this tune mostly in the DTC area.

Can you confirm if the "base" tune you posted is the actual unmodified stock file? If not, can you post it?

Some observations
    - The MAF values were modified, yet the MAF is set to fail if above 1hz and below 1126hz. The MAF DTC's are set to No MIL.
    - There are several DTC's changed to "non-emissions" including U0073 "Control Module Communication Bus Off"
    >I don't if they changed these; but I would compare them to the stock values to make sure.
    - Some of the TCS options were turned on; yet the tip in torque values are maxed out.
    > Once again compare these to stock to confirm. I would leave these stock.
    - The injector Flow Rate slope is completely different between the two; yet both reference vacuum.
    > Do you have the complete set of values for these injectors?

It's up to you I would consider asking for a refund and trying another tuner or building your own tune since you already have the software (or is it Autocal?)
    Thanks for the help. No, the "stock" calibration is not stock, and I do not have a stock one for the Grand Sport, assuming it's a bit different because I think it was rated at a little more power than an LS3. That is why I was hoping to use the supercharged supplied tune as a base.

I have some old Siemens Deka 60 values that I could use that SHOULD be close. I have not found anything "complete" for them online. If someone has a link so I can compare, that would be great.

The tune came as part of the kit, and they claim they have hundreds of cars running on it....

Try copying all of the data from the "tune" to the stock file, resaved it with a new name then flash it to see if that works.
    Well... Did this. Car did the same. So, started undoing changes till it ran.

MAP sensor... Apparently, zr1 sounds like zl1 to a parts guy lol. So zl1 map sensor with zr1 tune values throws the traction control and stability systems into a frenzy lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12