Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E40 SPeed Density tune won't accept TCS Patch.....Traction Service light

Default E40 SPeed Density tune won't accept TCS Patch.....Traction Service light

Having a heck of a time trying to figure out why the attached tune wont respond to the TCS Patch in our Speed density tune. Have tried several attempts at full flash but just cant get it to take?

Please help as the customer is chomping at the bit to get his car back.

Thanks,

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mowton; June 27th, 2014 at 11:02 PM.

Ed, I am not sure why that is happening, I checked the patch in your file and it is correctly applied. Essentially the E40 has not been modified in EFILive since about 2009 (and that had nothing to do with OS patches), so that either means your car has some other issue or you are the first to use the TCS patch on this OS in 5 years
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ed, I am not sure why that is happening, I checked the patch in your file and it is correctly applied. Essentially the E40 has not been modified in EFILive since about 2009 (and that had nothing to do with OS patches), so that either means your car has some other issue or you are the first to use the TCS patch on this OS in 5 years
    Thanks Ross, it was a panic cry on Friday and after a settle down with a scotch, I also thought we needed to look about as we to have not ever had an issue with at least 2 dozen E40 Speed density setups in the past. Thank you for at least validating the patch. Will look a bit deeper Monday morning and report accordingly.

Ed M

So as a follow-up, the car came in with a HPTuners 2 Bar Speed Density tune and apparently no Traction Control issues. Burned a license to reload file just to verify and low and behold Traction Control on-off ok, Dash icon off and no C0256 code. This OS also has a TCS Patch as well.

Today we will re-program via Tech 2 the EFILive Program and begin looking for possible causes.

Ed M

Reprogrammed the car with the tech 2 and updated new stock file with the above tune parameters with same results. Trying to tune out any possible torque management issues (only other help I could find during my search) that might be disabling the Traction Control in the above tune. I personally don't understand why this is so difficult when the patch alone should be the remedy.

Are there any DTC's that require disabling?

Frustrated...............

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; July 1st, 2014 at 11:06 PM.

All that patch is doing is stopping the ECM setting a flag to say the torque calculations will be inaccurate due to a MAF error. Out of interest if plug plug the MAF in does the Traction Light go away?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

All that patch is doing is stopping the ECM setting a flag to say the torque calculations will be inaccurate due to a MAF error. Out of interest if plug plug the MAF in does the Traction Light go away?
    Ross, the setup does not have a MAF installed. Might there be a need to terminate the harness wires some way. As i stated, the hptuners file operates the traction control as designed? I tried today again to max the traction control tables with no luck.

Thanks,

Ed M

No need to terminate the MAF, I was just wondering if that was the reason behind it or if there is some other issue tripping the problem.
    I would compare the traction tables in the HPT file to yours, sometimes maxing those can upset things too.

No need to terminate the MAF, I was just wondering if that was the reason behind it or if there is some other issue tripping the problem.
    I would compare the traction tables in the HPT file to yours, sometimes maxing those can upset things too.
    I actually did that today, updated the above file with each of the applicable HPTuner values with no success. Really at a loss now :-(

Ed, what happens if you do nothing more than turn off the MAF MIL codes, and apply the TCS patch?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast