Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: What do I do with the text file I received from my tuner?

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KhakiCummins View Post
    Are you STOPPING or PAUSING the log? They are not the same thing.
    After I park, i hit the "OK" button. Then I unplug it. That is all I have ever done. I have logged MANY runs doing it this way in the past. Have things changed with the latest updates?

    Am I doing something incorrectly?

  2. #22
    Joe (Moderator) joecar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    27,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twilt View Post
    Attachment 17081

    Here is the actual file..
    Did you program that file into your V2 via V8 S&T -> BBX...?

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Did you program that file into your V2 via V8 S&T -> BBX...?
    No I did not.
    I was uncertain of where to put it and did not want to "experiment" for fear of bricking my autocal.

    I know how to get to the BBX section. What do I do from there?

  4. #24
    Diesel Forum Support Site Admin
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Save your file in the following location:

    \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config

    Then with your AutoCal connected to your PC, open the V8 software, select BBX, then from the F2 Scan menu (you should default to that page anyway)

    Select Open (from the buttons at the bottom of the screen)
    Select your file and click open (The pop up will land you where you saved your file)
    Select the Program drop down and select Program Selections Only. This step will ensure any tune files or log files you have on your device will not be replaced during the programming process.

    If in doubt, back those files up first using EFI Explorer and save them to your PC.

    Cheers
    Cindy

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Save your file in the following location:

    \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config

    Then with your AutoCal connected to your PC, open the V8 software, select BBX, then from the F2 Scan menu (you should default to that page anyway)

    Select Open (from the buttons at the bottom of the screen)
    Select your file and click open (The pop up will land you where you saved your file)
    Select the Program drop down and select Program Selections Only. This step will ensure any tune files or log files you have on your device will not be replaced during the programming process.

    If in doubt, back those files up first using EFI Explorer and save them to your PC.

    Cheers
    Cindy
    THANK YOU CINDY! That fixed it!

  6. #26
    Lifetime Member swingtan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twilt View Post
    After I park, i hit the "OK" button. Then I unplug it. That is all I have ever done. I have logged MANY runs doing it this way in the past. Have things changed with the latest updates?

    Am I doing something incorrectly?
    Ok I think there are two issues here.

    1. You are pausing the log, not stopping it. This will truncate the log file and can result in only the file header info being saved (2Kb in size). Normally this only occurs in sort logs though, with longer logs resulting in the last few minutes being truncated. It also flags an error on the SD card that requires a "disk check" to fix. This process can also truncate the file. To stop the log, press <cancel> and the Autocal should drop back to the menu after saving the file.
    2. the "settings" file is a list of parameters to record data from. If the Autocal is in its 'vanilla' state, it will have nothing configured to log. So the log files won't contain any data. Once you have uploaded the parameters (as per Cindy's post) it should work better.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Ok I think there are two issues here.

    1. You are pausing the log, not stopping it. This will truncate the log file and can result in only the file header info being saved (2Kb in size). Normally this only occurs in sort logs though, with longer logs resulting in the last few minutes being truncated. It also flags an error on the SD card that requires a "disk check" to fix. This process can also truncate the file. To stop the log, press <cancel> and the Autocal should drop back to the menu after saving the file.
    2. the "settings" file is a list of parameters to record data from. If the Autocal is in its 'vanilla' state, it will have nothing configured to log. So the log files won't contain any data. Once you have uploaded the parameters (as per Cindy's post) it should work better.
    Cindy's instructions definitely fixed my issue.

    But I will say, I left out a few steps when I described how I save my logs.
    When stopping my data log, I hit "Ok" button on the Autocal, I then hit the "Previous" button and "EXIT" will show on the display. I then hit "Ok" once more, then it says..."Saving Log"(or something to that effect). Then I disconnect.

    Much thanks to all of you, for all your help. It is GREATLY appreciated!

    Thanks to you all, I'm back up and running...errrr...recording

    ~Troy~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Error $0281....no data received
    By y2k2z28 in forum FlashScan V2 BB Logging
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: October 23rd, 2016, 10:08 AM
  2. Need a little help with the calc_pids text file
    By smslyguy in forum Gen III V8 Specific
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 15th, 2011, 01:12 AM
  3. Just received a used RR and EFIlive flashscan v1.2.. HELP!
    By 99ss in forum General (Petrol, Gas, Ethanol)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 25th, 2007, 08:32 AM
  4. I have received a little bit of bad news.
    By esco35m in forum General (Petrol, Gas, Ethanol)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 7th, 2007, 06:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •