Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E83 Full Flash

Default E83 Full Flash

not so much related to the latest release, but any idea of when e83 full flashing will be available.

I can donate 1 for testing if required.

Probably won't happen, typically the full flash option is used for putting in OS patches of some sort, but with the goofy code in the E83 we can't do that so the need for full flash isn't there, unless you have another purpose?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

i purchased an ecu from a wrecked car in the usa, with the same service number as my cruze so I could flash in my current os/cal so I can plug it into my work bench to see if I can find the ethanol sensor pin & confirm if it exists or not.

Only cost me $70 as I'd much rather break an ecu I don't need than the 1 in the car. :-)

From what I have discovered so far, I was going to utilize efi connections e67 harness's and repin the connectors to match the e83 pinout.

slightly related, but there might be a few more car's using the ecu based on this link.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    i purchased an ecu from a wrecked car in the usa, with the same service number as my cruze so I could flash in my current os/cal so I can plug it into my work bench to see if I can find the ethanol sensor pin & confirm if it exists or not.
    You can buy TIS2WEB access for a few days, cost bugger all and would let you get everything flashed exactly right (assuming you have the right hardware to use it).

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    slightly related, but there might be a few more car's using the ecu based on this link.
    Yes, it has been in use on the 1.6L Opel Astra (i.e, 2017 Holden whatever) since about 2010.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

yeah I have a tech2 clone with the candi device that I've used successfully in the past for updating the modules in my family's ve's.

I figured I'd probably need to resort to that again anyway. Was just putting the question out there. :-)

Like earlier ECM's these also have a slave CPU that is flash only, TechII is your only option there and needs to be done if doing an ECM swap or things may not be happy.

so I ended up flashing the spare ecu with a tactrix openport 2, didn't need to update to many modules as they were the same across the 2 different cars.

used efi to change the vin and done. tune reads out just the same.

does tactrix work ok with TIS2WEB?

yep, I flashed the ecu and bcm in my cruze. checked the other modules to confirm they were the latest available too

Has Holden fixed the radio so it doesn't forget what the last USB song was? My Cruze shows no updates on TIS for this otherwise I'd be out there with my Drewtech getting it done.
    (Talk about a derailed thread).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast