Thread: lmm tune wont load to autocal

Default lmm tune wont load to autocal

i bought an autocal and two sets of tunes from a vendor. one set of tunes for an lml which installed perfectly and the other for my lmm. when i went to put my lmm tunes on the autocal i clicked format data to delete the lml tunes and tried to load my tunes on the autocal and it says the file being opened is not supported by this software version. i have V8 and it says they were written by V8? need my truck to go to work on monday. any help is greatly appreciated. please call or text me with any suggestions or advise.

mason
    832-462-4286

There was a software update. I would guess the LML tunes are in the format compatible with the autocal and the LMM tunes are not.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Anyway to fix this before Monday or I have to have new tunes?
    Thanks for the reply.

Lifetime Member

You will need to update your V8 software and firmware. The release notes from our June 21 release state

"This release saves *.ctz and *.coz tune files using an updated format. Newly saved files cannot be opened using any previous version of EFILive V7.5 or EFILive V8. Attempts to open a new file using old software will result in error $0525 "Tune file is not compatible with firmware" or "Tune file is not compatible with current software version". Any customer that needs to open *.ctz or *.coz files that have been created or saved using this or a later version of the EFILive software, must also use this or a later version.
    Note: Existing *.tun, *.ctz and *.coz files saved using previous versions of the EFILive software can be opened by this and later versions of the EFILive software."

There is another software release since June 21, I recommend you download and install the July 4 software release.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...te-Jul-04-2014

Cheers
    Cindy

Thank y'all very much. That's exactly what it was. I thought I had the latest version because I downloaded it a month or so ago but that got me fixed up. Thanks again.