Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2014 Chev Silverado 5.3 Auto To Manual

Lifetime Member

I was originally operating under the belief that you had undertaken this project yourself. I have come to realize that two commercial businesses are involved (or have been involved) - neither of which has done the R&D for a manual transmission conversion.

There is no significant benefit to me in assisting with this project - and there is the possibility that my assistance could amount to free R&D for another company.

Unfortunately, it would be foolish for me to be involved any further.

Taz,
    Thanks for your response. If you look at my second post (post 17 in this thread), I was clear I had a shop trying to figure out the tuning for me. Novak left me high and dry 6 months ago and refunded money for the tuning and parts that dont work. Motec/Overland are good guys but dont have a solution, nor do I think that they really want or need one as there is very little demand for engine swaps with manual trans in Jeeps. I think they are just trying to help an enthusiast out and are very happy to just pass me on and get nothing from me.

I appreciate that you don't want your proprietary knowledge shared. If you and I dealt direct, that info would stay in my ECU. But if you don't have a comfort level with that I guess that just leaves me stuck with no solution. :(
    Last edited by 85258; January 27th, 2016 at 12:55 PM.

This is so frustrating as my Jeep has pretty much sat for 18 months... To have a solution this close at hand but be denied as I have previously worked with other shop that could not solve it... argggg.

Lifetime Member

It seems that you embarked on a conversion project that is not fully supported by either MoTech or Novak. Given that you have an E38 in place, and a corresponding wiring harness - then one do-it-yourself option comes to mind. Use a manual transmission Corvette calibration in the E38. This means purchasing another E38 (or getting yours reflashed with a Tech 2 or equivalent device), and switching to a Corvette throttle body and APP (gas pedal).

The APP connector would need to be repinned, if you choose to try this option.

Thanks for the info Taz.

Lifetime Member

[QUOTE=85258;226285]Thanks for the info Taz.[/QUOTE
    what is exactly the problem youre having and what do you want expect from this swap, will see if i can help

I have a manual transmission with an e38 ECM. I want to have a BCM for a VSS and to run cruise control.

I think we have other issues figured out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234