Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Chev Silverado 5.3 Auto To Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    If by "K2XX" you are referring to 2500 series 4x4 models - I believe those are still using the E78 ECM in the Canadian and USA markets. Mexico ... well just about anything could happen there !!!
    K2XX is just the generic name for the 2014/2015+ GM full size truck/SUV platform. The "XX" can be various different letters to denote which specific vehicle within the platform.

Sort of like "GMT-900" "GMT-800", etc. And then there are more specifics, like GMT-931 is an Avalanche, etc.

2014+ Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab (K2CC)
    2014+ GMC Sierra Crew Cab (K2CG)
    2014+ Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab (K2EC)
    2014+ GMC Sierra Extended Cab (K2EG)
    2014+ Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab (K2RC)
    2014+ GMC Sierra Regular Cab (K2RG)
    2014+ Chevrolet Tahoe (K2UC)
    2014+ GMC Yukon (K2UG)
    2014+ Chevrolet Suburban (K2YC)
    2014+ GMC Yukon XL (K2YG)
    2014+ Cadillac Escalade (K2XL)
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

I live in mexico, and i have a friend that owns a GM dealer here, let me ask him, what exactly do you need? i do a lot of engine/ drivetrains swaps here, so i can use this info too

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    I live in mexico, and i have a friend that owns a GM dealer here, let me ask him, what exactly do you need? i do a lot of engine/ drivetrains swaps here, so i can use this info too
    Could you please see if he has any 2007-2013 silverados, and 2014+ silverados with manual transmissions? I would just need the VIN. Do you have EFILive? You could just read the tune directly (if you can convince him to let you plug in, haha), or if you can only get the VIN, im sure someone with a Tech 2 and TIS2WEB would be able to flash the tune into a spare ECM, then read it out with EFILive so that it can be shared as needed.

I dont know how things like used car lots work down there...but even if you see a manual-trans silverado there, you could just peek through the windshield and snap a picture of the VIN...you wouldnt even need access to the truck.

That would be awesome!! Thanks!
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Could you please see if he has any 2007-2013 silverados, and 2014+ silverados with manual transmissions? I would just need the VIN. Do you have EFILive? You could just read the tune directly (if you can convince him to let you plug in, haha), or if you can only get the VIN, im sure someone with a Tech 2 and TIS2WEB would be able to flash the tune into a spare ECM, then read it out with EFILive so that it can be shared as needed.

I dont know how things like used car lots work down there...but even if you see a manual-trans silverado there, you could just peek through the windshield and snap a picture of the VIN...you wouldnt even need access to the truck.

That would be awesome!! Thanks!
    Sorry i didnt explain myself, there are just brand new cars, not used car lot,,, if they have one with manual i can read it, no problem, i do own efilive

Hey Guys, I gotta bring this back from the dead!
    I have swapped an LC9 5.3 from a 2010 Silverado into my 2010 Jeep Wrangler. We deleted the DoD but still have VVT. I am using an NSG370 6 speed manual trans from a 2007 Jeep TJ. We have it running with the E38 ECM, but without out the Body Control Module and that has created many issues.

What I am hoping is that 400ss could please do me a huge favor and find a VIN for a manual trans V8 in Mexico and post it here. I will see if I can figure out how to send private message to him as well. thanks!!!!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 85258 View Post
    ... has created many issues ...
    What are the specific issues ?

We have been working on this for months. I have a shop doing the tuning. Long story short:
    cannot get the e38 ECM to take a VSS wiithout the BCM. Without a VSS the ECM defaults to 158mph. low speed drivability is poor as the rpm hangs momentarily when throttle is released. This is due to no VSS. Need BCM for cruise. Power drain from ECM as we do not have a BCM which shuts down the ECM. It has been suggested to me With "out a manual tune for the BCM and ECM
    two solutions we have come up with. 1 get a VIN for a Mexico market e38 ECM manual Trans v8 Silverado or 2 used a camaro tune. Testing by the shop doing my tuning has struggled with getting my the BCM to work with the camaro tune.

Thanks

Lifetime Member

Sounds like you are fighting battles on several fronts at the same time.

Power drain from E38 - that is a wiring issue. E38 only needs a trickle of voltage to maintain its memory when the vehicle is not in use. Wiring a relay (similar to the original Powertrain Control Relay) that controls ignition voltage to the E38 (and sensors) should cure the power drain issue.

Cruise Control - Yes, a BCM is required (with an E38). Rostra sells a Cruise Control system that installs in-line with the APP (gas pedal). Not the best design (in my opinion), but it is an option (would eliminate the need for a BCM).

VSS - have you wired this like a manual trans E38 (J1 pin 71 and 72) ?

If so, I might be able to patch the VSS portion of the tune for you. Post the tune if you want - will take a look.

Good morning to all. I am helping 85258 with his LS conversion.

Here's what we have:

1. We are working on a 2010 LC9 with a manual transmission behind it.
    2. We are trying to have all power down functions active, so no key off battery draw is present. 85258's original conversion company did not address this issue. In our conversions, we use a BCM module to allow this to function as designed. 85258 will be installing one in his vehicle to allow this to work as designed.
    3. We would like to have factory cruise. Once again, we are installing a BCM to allow this to function as designed.
    4. We need a valid VSS to let the E38 know when it is moving. We should have this worked out on the Jeep side.

Here's what we have tried:

1. We have tried chasing the elusive Mexico made 2010 -up Silverado with a manual transmission. So far the only thing I have been able to find has been the V6, not the V8. Easy fix would be to find an original GM OS for a 2010-up v8 with manual, unless there is an easy way to convert a v6 OS to function properly with a V8.
    2. Our typical set up is based on the Silverado OS, but no manuals were available. We are attempting to make the Camaro OS work with our setup, but the variables are different.

Taz:

1. Is there an easy way to convert the Silverado OS with a 6L80e to a manual? I am concerned it will always look for the TCM to be broadcasting on the CAN and throw codes when not present. It would be wonderful to be able to turn it off.
    2. We will be trying to pull the VSS from the Jeep ABS and feed it to the E38. 85258's transmission does not have a VSS or an easy way to introduce one. Please elaborate on your comment about J1 pin 71 and 72. 71 and 72 should be the VSS hi and lo?

Lifetime Member

E38 power
    - J1 pin 20 battery voltage (always powered)
    - J1 pin 18 ignition voltage (powered when key is "ON") - I don't use a BCM, but you could try having the BCM power this circuit
    - J1 pin 19 ignition voltage (powered when key is "ON")
    - J1 pin 59 - used to ground the Powertrain Control Relay (i.e. relay activation)
    - J1 pin 47 ignition voltage, from the Powertrain Control Relay (i.e. after activated by J1 pin 59)
    - activation of the Powertrain Control Relay then powered all sensors

VSS - manual transmission
    - J1 pin 71 (VSS High)
    - J1 pin 72 (VSS Low)
    - the Jeep ABS input you are trying to use - how many pulses per revolution ?

Cruise - using a BCM
    - will need a brake switch wired to BCM and ECM
    - may or may not need a CPP (Clutch Pedal Position) Sensor signal
    - will need ladder resistor switches

Mexican trucks
    - have never seen a Gen 4 (2008+) engine mated with a manual transmission (only V6 - which use an E37 ECM)

Tune
    - I may be able to patch your Truck tune for use with a manual transmission
    - do you need the ECM to control the Reverse Lockout Solenoid (not sure if your transmission has one) ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast