Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Chev Silverado 5.3 Auto To Manual

E38
    I think we are good on the power sequencing.

VSS
    The Jeep uses a 52 tooth tone ring.

Cruise
    We currently support factoy GM cruise with the BCM package with the MoTech kit. 85258's was not originally a MoTech kit. We utilize both brake inputs to the BCM. My thought was to use the Jeep CPP and feed it to the E38. That will shut cruise down when applied. Why would we need ladder switches?

Mexican Trucks
    Thanks for the info. I was not aware they were E37.

Tune
    That would be great. I can send you a file. I will have to verify, but my research indicates there was not a reverse lock out on that trans.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPShoe View Post
    VSS
    The Jeep uses a 52 tooth tone ring.
    That might be a problem. E38 / E67 automatic based calibrations like this in the 40 range. I believe the parameter maximum is 50 teeth - have never tried setting it at the maximum - may or may not work correctly.

Cruise
    We currently support factoy GM cruise with the BCM package with the MoTech kit. 85258's was not originally a MoTech kit. We utilize both brake inputs to the BCM. My thought was to use the Jeep CPP and feed it to the E38. That will shut cruise down when applied. Why would we need ladder switches?
    Jeep CPP may or may not be compatible with the E38 - trial and error will tell.

If you were going to use an OEM BCM, then the Cruise Control input is voltage from ladder resistor type switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    That might be a problem. E38 / E67 automatic based calibrations like this in the 40 range. I believe the parameter maximum is 50 teeth - have never tried setting it at the maximum - may or may not work correctly.
    My thoughts were to use a Dakota Digital piece to adjust. Thoughts?

Jeep CPP may or may not be compatible with the E38 - trial and error will tell.

If you were going to use an OEM BCM, then the Cruise Control input is voltage from ladder resistor type switches.
    I agree on the CPP.
    Sorry, senior moment on the ladder switches. We have the cruise working.

Lifetime Member

I do Hot Rods and custom vehicles - never a Jeep product yet. I took a look at the MoTech website (where you purchased the BCM based Cruise Control system). It looks like they have the Jeep LSx conversion completely sorted out, and sell products for do-it-yourself projects (like the Cruise Control you purchased). Rather than trying to reinvent the wheel as it were, it might be easiest to purchase a reprogrammed E38 from MoTech.

I am a MoTech installer, dustributor, and service provider. You are correct, Robbie has it figured out. 85258's issues stem from the NSG370 transmission. The MoTech kit does not support manual swaps. All of ours are 6L80e based. We use a standard GM Silverado OS. 85258 went with a manual and I am helping him sort it out. Can you take a 6L80e based OS and make it work with a manual?

Taz,
    I cannot pm, I think I remember Joecar telling me it is because I have not met the minimum post number. Can you email me at john@overlandperformance.com?

Lifetime Member

I am a MoTech installer, dustributor, and service provider. You are correct, Robbie has it figured out. 85258's issues stem from the NSG370 transmission. The MoTech kit does not support manual swaps. All of ours are 6L80e based. We use a standard GM Silverado OS. 85258 went with a manual and I am helping him sort it out. Can you take a 6L80e based OS and make it work with a manual?
    I was beginning to suspect that you were affiliated with MoTech. That is something you really should have disclosed at the outset.

I don't mind helping out enthusiasts when I can, but I don't do unpaid R&D for other businesses.

Lifetime Member

Taz,
    I cannot pm, I think I remember Joecar telling me it is because I have not met the minimum post number. Can you email me at john@overlandperformance.com?
    You need 10 posts for your PM account to activate. You only need one more post.

Once your PM account is active, feel free to send me a PM to discuss where we go from here.

Thanks for the post info. This can serve as my #10! I will contact you.

Taz,

A bit more background. We started this swap in summer 2014. I bought a kit for my LS Wrangler swap from Novak. I had a friend that has a small engine building shop (builds mostly Vintage street and race engines) do the swap for me. The Novak kit was a huge disappointment with incomplete wiring diagrams, incorrectly pin harnesses, etc. The set up used an emulator for the tach (slow to respond and would crash while driving). We did have the Jeep running, but there were lots of issues. Hanging throttle, no cruise, no AC, tach would go dead while driving, etc.
    Novak supplied a Digital Dakota GPS speed sensor, which was connected to pin 71/72 and a Rostra cruise for drive by wire pedal. We were not able to get a VSS from the GPS senors to read into the LS ECM. Lots of trouble shooting. Rostra said that their system would not work in this set up.

Robbie from Motec and John from Overland saw my posts for help on the JKowners forum and offered to help me get this swap sorted out. They have been great, offered lots of knowledge and potential solutions, but not able to solve all the issues. I spoke to John today and he is more than happy to step away and send the ECM to you and you and I can work directly together. I can't PM, but you can email me 884487 at gmail dot com. Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast