Thread: turbo whistle

Default turbo whistle

I have a 08. I wan't to make my turbo whistle as loud as it can.any one know how to do this.

Disable computer control of the boost pressure during lightly loaded conditions

Set VVT at or near 100% closed during lightly loaded conditions

Enable computer control of the boost during loads greater than lightly loaded conditions. Computer control of boost will keep boost under control without changing so many tables.

Others will have more help.

Replace the intake with a free flowing unit, and do away with the resonator. They you can up the vein percentage, but you will be wasting power IMO.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

I figured it would hurt my power.I don't want that. I've read that putting on a metal intake would increase the whistle.

Nearly closed turbo vanes do not produce the most efficient idle. The rumble idle uses the least amount of fuel. Rumble idle is opposite of hissing idle.

That's when I want more whistle, when its at idle. So your saying to add more fuel at idle.
    2008, efi live, 5" exhaust, profab egr delete tube, up pipe, down pipe, air dog 165,cap , block .

Engine will automatically add more fuel at idle. Closed turbo is a restriction of the exhaust.
    Closed turbo is used as an exhaust brake but it makes the sound you are interested in hearing.

OK but I thought even at 100% closed the exhaust still had flow not to hurt anything. I will play around with it.
    2008, efi live, 5" exhaust, profab egr delete tube, up pipe, down pipe, air dog 165,cap , block .

Quote Originally Posted by lp14255 View Post
    That's when I want more whistle, when its at idle. So your saying to add more fuel at idle.
    The engine will use whatever amount of fuel it needs to idle, you can't change that(you can only change the pressure and timing of when the pulse occurs). Anything more than the factory 80-85% isn't going to do much except to block off the exhaust even furthur. Put in a cold air intake with a dry filter that does away with the intake resonator, that is going to do more than anything else to make you hear the turbo.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.