Thread: need help bricked 2010 TCM

Default need help bricked 2010 TCM

Hi, im new to the EFI live world for duramax but have been doing them with HP tuners for years, this is the first time ive had a problem with a 2010. basically I could not use the orig 2010 tcm file so I used a known good stock 2010 tcm file, after that truck is stuck in 3rd. I cant communicate with the tcm. I even went to GM and got them to try programming with a tech2 and they couldent program it.

does anyone have some 2010 Files that I can try? or any ideas on what to do

I'm looking at getting a new TCM and dealing with this one later but thats kind of a last resort.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Lifetime Member

I'm sure that GM Switched from the A40 TCM to the A50 TCM somewhere in 2009. The A50 is supported in our current software for reading and flashing, however parameter support is not yet available.

Can you please email me the file you read from the vehicle and the file you flashed into the vehicle.

Email is Cindy at efilive dot com.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The files I have are in your competitors format, I just pulled the TCM out and it says A40 right on it, double checked truck is a 2010 which is really confusing, its completely toast. I have a new tcm on order and I will be flashing with EFI live this time,

So you used the HP Tuner file and tried flashing it in with EFIlive?
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

I pulled ecm and tcm file with hp tuners, couldent read this perticular OS, which was a red flag. then checked over equipment and found an OS that would work and flashed in sucessfully but got error after TCM write. truck then had no communication with tcm, flashed everything back to stock ecm and tcm and still error on tcm write. tried a tech 2 and it wouldent work. then brought tcm to repair place and they oculdent do it either.

it just seems so odd to me that A40 is written on the side of it someone must have replaced it and flashed, but I wouldent think that would work.

once I get this tcm I will be flashing it stock with tech 2 and using efi live for the ecm