Thread: Valid & non valid pids

Default Valid & non valid pids

My RAFIG & RAFPN are saying valid but the pids that I had to select to get them valid have a red X through them.How do I get them to be valid? Here's a few of the pids w/ red X. IAC_LTD_DMA, IAC_LTPN_DMA,Those are the long term & the short term are the same way....Thanks........Paul

Have you tried right clicking on the x'd out pids and selecting "more info" ? It should tell you what you are missing. Are you running the latest version of the software? What vehicle are you using this on? There are some pids that won't work with 98s as their OS doesn't support all the selections some pids demand.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Have you tried right clicking on the x'd out pids and selecting "more info" ? It should tell you what you are missing. Are you running the latest version of the software? What vehicle are you using this on? There are some pids that won't work with 98s as their OS doesn't support all the selections some pids demand.
    Yes,It just tells you what the pid is for and what it does.Yes I'm running the latest version,And its a 97 C5 auto.Will the RAFIG & RAFPN still work? It says those are valid.

Which ones have the Xs? Can you post a screen shot?

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by driver456
    My RAFIG & RAFPN are saying valid but the pids that I had to select to get them valid have a red X through them.How do I get them to be valid? Here's a few of the pids w/ red X. IAC_LTD_DMA, IAC_LTPN_DMA,Those are the long term & the short term are the same way....Thanks........Paul
    All "_DMA" PIDs are validated based on the current operating system number. The current OS number is displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. Make sure the OS number is the correct number for the vehicle/PCM you want to log.

You can set the current OS number by:
    1. Connecting to the vehicle, the OS is read from the PCM.
    or if you are not able to connect right now
    2. Use the menu option File->Change VIN and select the correct OS number from the drop down list inthe VIN Change window. This option assumes you already know the correct operating system number of your PCM.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    All "_DMA" PIDs are validated based on the current operating system number. The current OS number is displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. Make sure the OS number is the correct number for the vehicle/PCM you want to log.

You can set the current OS number by:
    1. Connecting to the vehicle, the OS is read from the PCM.
    or if you are not able to connect right now
    2. Use the menu option File->Change VIN and select the correct OS number from the drop down list inthe VIN Change window. This option assumes you already know the correct operating system number of your PCM.

Regards
    Paul
    Hey that worked! Thanks.All my idle air flow correction are valid & IAC short term are valid.Long term correction,In gear,A/C off & P/N A/C off are valid.The only 2 pids now that have a red X are "IAC-Long term correction,In gear,A/C on" And the other is the same but In P/N,A/C on.Im just trying to correct my idle,So I don't think those are that important,Or are they?........Thanks again..................Paul

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by driver456
    Hey that worked! Thanks.All my idle air flow correction are valid & IAC short term are valid.Long term correction,In gear,A/C off & P/N A/C off are valid.The only 2 pids now that have a red X are "IAC-Long term correction,In gear,A/C on" And the other is the same but In P/N,A/C on.Im just trying to correct my idle,So I don't think those are that important,Or are they?........Thanks again..................Paul
    If a DMA PID is marked with a red X (i.e. unsupported), that means we have not defined it for the currently selecting operating system number.

It is most likely those long term DMA PIDs are not available for the 97 C5.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.