Thread: E38 ECM VATS question

Default E38 ECM VATS question

I have a customer who has attempted his own programming with hp tunner and cant get it to run (2008 ly6 6.0 in a custom car). When i read the ecm with efilive it says that the vats patch has not been applied. Will efilive recognize when hp tuners has applied the vats patch? The customer tells me that he is sure he applied the patch but i am seeing different. I just wanted to know before i burn a license on his pcm.

One other question, is it possible to disable the VVT on this engine/ECM?

Thanks

No EFILive won't pick any of the HPTuners patches, we do things differently. I would also suggest that if you end up trying to fix it for him have him put the original non patched file back in the ECM, a patch on a patch might end in disaster.
    VVT can be shut off in various ways no problem.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Whats the best way to shut off VVT? Ive never tried it before. I see b7965 is set at 1, can i just set it to 0 and turn off error checks? Do need to adjust VE tables?

Yes, set that to zero, plus if you really want to make sure set the max RPM tables very low, say 400 RPM and 380 RPM, then it'll never have a chance.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Started doing some testing on the car and i have no spark, no injector pulse, no cam signal, and the TB has been disabled. Get a code P2138 for throttle pedal. All wiring is correct and all other values look good. I know i some cases APP errors will prevent you from starting on stock setups. Will P2138 cause this? If so what could be the cause? Tried different pedal sensor still same code. Things i know for sure, something has told the ECM to disable the TB and i have no cam signal, (shows no rpm on scan tool), crank signal is fine. If you haven't guessed yet I'm new to E38 tuning .

Thanks

UPDATE:

Found the problem, customer used corvette pedal with truck OS. Changed pedal and all is good now. No start was from bad cam sensor. I didn't know that truck pedals and vette pedals work differently.