Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stock Tune?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Thanks for posting ... I'll look thru it.
    That version actually has a slight 'oops' I noticed. Shouldn't harm it any else I would have noticed it sooner.

I just quick updated it, should be the same link.
    Last edited by Snipesy; February 8th, 2016 at 06:51 AM.

Wow, excellent work!! Would you happen to have a stock cruze bin or ctz file?
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    Well here's my prototype .cax, mostly generated by a script I made. It's nowhere near on the level of the Reverse Engineering Gods.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Sn...r/12662377.cax
    (assuming I can post links)
    Excellent work, I am sure everyone here really appreciates you posting this up. Cheers, Ross.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Thanks for sharing. Nice work.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

I do. I haven't really verified if it is truly untainted. The vehicle was tuned beforehand by a company's mass produced tune. So what this would be is what they claim to be the stock tune. For the longest time I thought they changed the part numbers (if that's what they are called) and I was kinda . But as it turns out, it is the calibration from a 2014 Cruze and not the 2015. They are slightly different, but they still run on the same OS, and obviously this vehicle (mine) has been running fine with the 2014.

Also the VIN has been changed for privacy reasons. ASCII equivalent of 17 'F's
    Attachment 19235
    Awesome thanks! Great work BTW. I dont have a Cruze or access to one, but I still like poking around in these things

BTW, B0306 "unknown temp limiter"....Ill bet my lunch money thats fuel temp factor.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Awesome thanks! Great work BTW. I dont have a Cruze or access to one, but I still like poking around in these things

BTW, B0306 "unknown temp limiter"....Ill bet my lunch money thats fuel temp factor.
    Apparently the forum didn't like me for silly reasons. Probably because I was silly. Try this again!

There are a bunch of other reduction maps which are all just flat 1.0, so I'll take your lunch money.

This has really been the product of an off project for the past oh... Been a few weeks. I have been slowly adding to it, and now whenever I browse through .bin file its raw glory I can say "Hmm, I know what some of these do." Most of its untested, and probably will remain that way until I volunteer my own vehicle for testing (rest in peace). I have seen maybe one other Cruze with the green badge, so it's not really worth me keeping my work hush hush. It's definitely not easy work. I haven't a clue on how EFI Live really maps it's stuff. I have come to the conclusion of magic (or disassembling the code, which is still magic).

Apparently the forum didn't like me for silly reasons. Probably because I was silly. Try this again!
    Must be the post count min stopping you attaching something?

I haven't a clue on how EFI Live really maps it's stuff. I have come to the conclusion of magic (or disassembling the code, which is still magic).
    When it comes to Bosch ECM's I struggle and I dislike doing them. Actually one of the reasons we never released support for this platform was the (sadly) low sales figures from GM and we can't really put in the software "unknown temp limiter". That isn't a stab by the way I know exactly that feeling but as a commercial product we can't do that.
    One super annoying thing with the E47 is you can read about 95% of the tune out of it via OBD-II, but they purposely stop the last 5% which unfortunately contains some critical data......someone was just being mean!
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Must be the post count min stopping you attaching something?

When it comes to Bosch ECM's I struggle and I dislike doing them. Actually one of the reasons we never released support for this platform was the (sadly) low sales figures from GM and we can't really put in the software "unknown temp limiter". That isn't a stab by the way I know exactly that feeling but as a commercial product we can't do that.
    One super annoying thing with the E47 is you can read about 95% of the tune out of it via OBD-II, but they purposely stop the last 5% which unfortunately contains some critical data......someone was just being mean!
    I basically tried to make a pun of when the Cruze would roll into the shop for the first time. It had a link to a picture, but it was a bad pun so maybe it was doing me a favor. Hehe.

Anyway, it's rough. The little shown in the tuning tool is really just the tip of the iceberg. A lot of my maps just have arbitrary numbers because I simply do not know how or when they are used, and doubt I'll ever figure it out. Won't really bore you with that, I'm sure you know.

Reading protections don't help either. Definitely drives most away.
    Last edited by Snipesy; February 14th, 2016 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post

Yeah I can't send or receive PMs for some reason. Just shoot me a mail to postmaster@snipesy.com

Yeah I can't send or receive PMs for some reason. Just shoot me a mail to postmaster@snipesy.com
    Just do five more random posts here and you'll be good to go.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast