Thread: Fried v2 please help

Angry Fried v2 please help

Hello guys, i bought a new power supply, a fancy adjustable one 0 - 30 volts. Guess what? Yep it was on 30 volts when i plugged the v2 into it. Bang!!! Smoke and a bad smell from the v2.
    I took the back cover off the v2 and there is an electrical component blown apart.
    The v2 is unlocked for ls1 and is also out of warranty thats why i took the back cover off.

Anyone had this experience before and what is the quickest way to fix it or have it replaced?

I was thinking of taking to an electrical place but not sure if i should let someone try fix it or send to efi live repair centre but i use it everyday so need it quickly fixed.

Thanks

Also i forgot to mention the v2 still lights up and lcd works fine but it wont read or write

Photo of the damage component?

I'll guess it's the voltage regulator, but a bit hard to tell from the description. If you're in the States, then there are a few places that repair them, I can't remember who though.

Swing an did you get the email with 2 pics.
    Feel free to list them on the Please post to- apc_performance 8 Boyce st Avoca. Vic. 3467. thanks Rick if you know how. As it wouldn't let me

Thanks again

Problem with over voltage is it can damage components that don't show visible signs of damage. The 30V may have visibly taken out a number of parts but may have also caused partial failure in others.
    If you are using this for business purposes you best bet (for long term reliability) might be to order a new unit and then have the license recovery service done, which essentially transfers your existing licenses from your fried unit to your new one without needing to buy all the licenses and streams again.
    http://www.efilive.com/services/lice...covery-service
    This has to be done through the NZ office (which is now closed for the weekend).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

No email received..... Maybe try again?
    As Ross says though, it doesn't bode well.