Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Jul 19, 2014

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Update: Jul 19, 2014

This update has been released to correct the known issues listed here

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.
    If you have recently updated your software, you may be able to use the "Check for Updates" option to update your existing V7.5 and V8 software installations. Or you may choose to download and install both V7.5 and V8 software packages using the links below.

Note: Both the V7.5 and V8 software was updated in this release, you must update both software packages.

Download V7.5 Software (94 MB)
    Download V8 Software
    (46 MB)

Release Notes:
    Release Notes.

IMPORTANT: The *.ctz and *.coz tune file formats have been updated. All existing *.ctz and *.coz files will continue to operate with the V7.5 and V8 software and with the FlashScan and AutoCal firmware. All new *.ctz and *.coz tune files that are saved using the following software or firmware versions: V7.5.7.259, V8.2.2.252, V2.07.61 (or later versions) will no longer be compatible with older software or firmware versions.
    That means if you are using this latest software version, then any tune files that you save may only be shared with other EFILive users who are using this latest (or a later) version of the software and/or firmware. For tuners that means making sure your customers' software matches the software and firmware version that you are using.

Fixed Issues:

1. T43, T76 and A50 controllers' serial numbers were being reported incorrectly.
    2. Deleting a controller selection in the [F5: BBX] window may cause an "Access Violation".
    3. Loading a data log file in V8 may cause an "Access Violation".
    4. E86 (LML) *.bin file loading in V7.5 fails.
    5. Calibration labels for some E86 (LML) calibrations have been corrected.
    6. The "Record All Diags" option now returns the correct OS for CMC controllers.

Added Features:

1. When attempting to open *.coz files, a dialog box is now displayed explaining that *.coz files are not able to be opened, viewed or modified via the EFILive software, instead of just displaying "unsupported file type".
    2. Search criteria in the [F8: Tools]->[F2: Search] window are now case insensitive.
    3. Search results in the [F8: Tools]->[F2: Search] window are now returned file-by-file as they are found, instead of all at once when the search is finished.

Known Issues:
    Please search for existing known issues here:
    Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As new issues are verified they will be posted in the "known issues" thread above.

Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 262
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 258
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014
    )
    To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.64 (Jul 19
    , 2014)
    To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; September 14th, 2014 at 01:34 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Default Cannot view past logs in V8

I am having a impossible time viewing logs in V8 after this July 19 update. Up till now, Ive not had any issues with viewing logs...I get a
    "Access Violation at address 00425808 in module
    Efilive_ScanAndTune.exe" Read of address 000000D.

V8 build 258
    Firmware 2.07.64
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    I am having a impossible time viewing logs in V8 after this July 19 update. Up till now, Ive not had any issues with viewing logs...I get a
    "Access Violation at address 00425808 in module
    Efilive_ScanAndTune.exe" Read of address 000000D.

V8 build 258
    Firmware 2.07.64
    Can you please send me a couple of the log files that cause the fault? Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul

Never mind Paul...I restarted my laptop, and guess what?? Works just fine now...*face palm* sorry for wasting your time.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Never mind Paul...I restarted my laptop, and guess what?? Works just fine now...*face palm* sorry for wasting your time.
    Chances are it was some dll or other module that could not be updated during the install because it needed to overwrite a file that was already in use. Rebooting allows modules that were not installed during the installation to finally get installed. Usually if that occurs during the installation you should get prompted with a message like: "You must reboot your PC to complete the installation".

Regards
    Paul

I can magically make my pointer turn into a small hand on this version and it wont change back after just moving my mouse into a spot on the software Easter egg?????
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

LOL I took a picture of it via print screen, however, it don't record the mouse location lol...

To make it work, Go to where we put in "SEE ALSO TABLES" in the descriptions. When you go to the blue highlighted values, It changes to the hand icon for mouse. But, when you move away it stays that way from then on.... instead of being the normal pointer..
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    LOL I took a picture of it via print screen, however, it don't record the mouse location lol...

To make it work, Go to where we put in "SEE ALSO TABLES" in the descriptions. When you go to the blue highlighted values, It changes to the hand icon for mouse. But, when you move away it stays that way from then on.... instead of being the normal pointer..
    Easter egg? No, I've not added any Easter eggs to V8 - too busy trying to get stuff done.
    I think the 1000hp Easter egg is still in V7 though

I can't make it happen on my test machine here.
    Can you show a screen shot anyway? I'd like to see the exact place where you moved the mouse to make that happen.

Regards
    Paul

We have a customer received a new autocal and just downloaded July 19th software. Autocal is in a form of dead poll hooked to the truck or the computer and won't allow firmware update just flashing. Tries to check firmware, goes into not responsive mode, then times out and gives $0025
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    We have a customer received a new autocal and just downloaded July 19th software. Autocal is in a form of dead poll hooked to the truck or the computer and won't allow firmware update just flashing. Tries to check firmware, goes into not responsive mode, then times out and gives $0025
    I presume when you say "tries to check firmware", that the user is clicking on the [Check Firmware] button? In that case the software is attempting to read the config file status from the device. If the device is in dead-poll that will fail.

Try flashing it with the EFILive Control Panel directly.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast