Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with Jul 19, 2014 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with Jul 19, 2014 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the July 12, 2014 release of the EFILive V7.5.7.261, V8.2.2.256 software and the V2.07.63 FlashScan and AutoCal firmware.

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
    When black box flashing T43, T76 and A50 controllers that had previously been VIN licensed, the VIN license is no longer recognized.
    Workaround:
    Use V8 pass-thru flashing which correctly identifies the VIN license
    Or download and install the attached firmware using EFILive Explorer. Unzip the firmware files into a temporary folder. Do not overwrite the existing firmware files, or the next time you perform a "Check for Updates" the update will fail and you will need to perform a full install instead.
    UPDATE: the original July 21 firmware patch has been updated, please download and install the July 22 patch.
    Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 3:
    Setting a controller serial number security restriction for AL5 tune files will always fail to flash, returning error $0530.
    Workaround:
    None. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 4:
    After opening a scan file in V8 and then displaying file info (Ctrl+I), then closing the window, then re-opening the Scan window again, displaying file info again (Ctrl+I) will fail with "Access violation".
    Workaround:
    None. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 5:
    After changing comments in a tune file using the V8 software, then closing the window, you are not prompted to save the changes. The changes are discarded without warning.
    Workaround:
    Save the tune file using the [Save] button before closing the window.

Issue 6:
    Black Box Logging is not supported for Cummins controllers, except for CMB EDA (Enhanced Data Acquisition) PID selections.
    Workaround:
    Use the V7 pass-thru logging to log CMB (non EDA selections) and CMC controllers.
    EDA PIDs are expected to be available for CMC in the next update.

Issue 7:
    The V7 tune tool does not release the connection to FlashScan after performing the "Save for Remote Flashing" option. That means neither the V8 software nor the V7 Scan Tool can connect to FlashScan until the V7 Tune Tool software is shutdown.
    Workaround:
    To allow V8 (or the V7 Scan Tool) to connect to FlashScan either:
    Close the V7 software
    or
    Open the Flash->Show PCM Info window, click the [Get Info] button, then close the window. That effectively closes the connection to FlashScan.

Issue 8:
    The link PIDs for E38 calibration B5108 are transposed.
    Workaround:
    Edit the file \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\E38_Link.ini and change the entry for B5108 to this:

;IAT vs RPM Spark Multiplier
    B5108.ROW=SAE.RPM
    B5108.COL=SAE.IAT

Issue 9:
    The PID EOPS (Engine Oil Pressure Sensor voltage) is not displayed when loading log files into the V8 Scan Tool.
    Workaround:
    Use a hex editor (not a text editor) to edit the *.efi log file and change the PID name: GM.EOPS to XX.EOPS.
    WARNING: Changing the PID name will prevent V7 from loading that PID.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacky; September 14th, 2014 at 02:40 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Running a script on a VORTEC file that you set up to have the VATS disabled, results in an error and the script failing. Then when you try to click the VATS tab, it will Not open up.

However, You can get it to open up IF you go to the speedometer tab, then to shift point correction and apply a percentage change to the calibration, then at that point, the Vats tab will be available.

The error window that pops up says TEfiStringGrid.GetData(c):1 out of range:0..0.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Another small anomaly, The Undo feature is no longer available for the Vin number tab when you open V7.5
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Comment (in general):
    when you compare .ctz files, you see the differences as calibration - alternate (as per option);
    but when you generate a script, it generates alternate - calibration (i.e. it generates a script in the direction calibration -> alternate, which is the inverse meaning of the minus);
    this means I have to reopen the files in swapped order to generate the correct-direction script.

Ohh goodie, I traced down another repeatable bug.

Take a File and put it on your desktop, Must be CTZ format.
    Windows 8 machine.

Click to open the file, and it opens up both windows, Efi tune, one showing the REad, calibration properties, edit, ect. The other window is the Efilive scan and tune window. Now, I can make it so the scan and tune window never shows back up even though it is open.

Have both open on your screen, THEN MINIMIZE the scan and tune window. THEN CLOSE THE OTHER WINDOW THEN REOPEN THE FILE.

At that time, it will just open up the one window and you can never get back to the scan and tune tab.

EXCEPT, you can get it back by closing the new tune and THEN selecting the icon at the bottom of your screen and then it will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Have both open on your screen, THEN MINIMIZE the scan and tune window. THEN CLOSE THE OTHER WINDOW THEN REOPEN THE FILE.
    When I test that here I can't see what you see. When I minimize the "Scan and Tune" window, BOTH windows are minimized. Which means I can't close the file until I restore the "Scan and Tune" window, which restores both windows.
    Tested on Win7 and Win8.

Regards
    Paul

Shut the tune window then minimize the scan and tune, Then while that is minimized, open the tune again from the desktop.

Shut as in press the x on the top to close the tune.

Alt+Tab until you cycle back to the tune icon (in the Alt+Tab list) will bring back the main window.

Regards
    Paul

That didn't work. I will email you a short video

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast