Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Jul 19, 2014

That has been done Paul, we did this remotely logged in to his computer. Still no luck.

History; autocal set-up with firmware and tunes loaded using v8 256 in house and sent to the customer. He received package and downloaded latest software 258 and connected the autocal to the computer. Autocal went into a flashing screen, we haven't been able to get it to respond.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

I'm not sure if it's a faulty autocal and not a software problem. It worked fine when it left on the 256 platform, but may have been something in-between and not software at all. I can try to duplicate with a spare laptop running 258 and see if it comes up again.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    That has been done Paul, we did this remotely logged in to his computer. Still no luck.

History; autocal set-up with firmware and tunes loaded using v8 256 in house and sent to the customer. He received package and downloaded latest software 258 and connected the autocal to the computer. Autocal went into a flashing screen, we haven't been able to get it to respond.
    If possible can you try to update the firmware using the EFILive Control Panel, then if/when it fails, save a trace file using the [Save] button on the [F8: Trace] tab page.
    Send me the trace file and I'll see if I can figure out the cause.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I tested the 258 software on a laptop and connected three different autocals with different older firmware/bootblock versions without any issues. They all updated fine, looks like a problem with either his computer or the autocal and not software. Sorry about the fuss.

I'll get a trace file from him tomorrow and forward it over. Thank you,

I do have a weird one... When I plug in my V2 to the computer, it messes with the sound. Example, if I have Windows Media Player running, when the center blue light on the V2 turns on, I loose all sound for exactly 6 seconds then everything starts working again. If im using my teamspeak program when i do this, I also loose all sound, but with it everyone else will get a loud screeching sound through their speakers while my sound is cut out for those 6 seconds. Not a big deal, just thought Id put it out there. Im running windows 7. Just started doing it this update.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    I do have a weird one... When I plug in my V2 to the computer, it messes with the sound. Example, if I have Windows Media Player running, when the center blue light on the V2 turns on, I loose all sound for exactly 6 seconds then everything starts working again. If im using my teamspeak program when i do this, I also loose all sound, but with it everyone else will get a loud screeching sound through their speakers while my sound is cut out for those 6 seconds. Not a big deal, just thought Id put it out there. Im running windows 7. Just started doing it this update.
    Just tested it here and media player doesn't have any issues when FlashScan's blue LED comes on. My first guess would be a driver conflict between the FTDI USB drivers that FlashScan uses and the sound chip drivers.
    Does the same thing happen with that FlashScan device on a different PC?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Just tested it here and media player doesn't have any issues when FlashScan's blue LED comes on. My first guess would be a driver conflict between the FTDI USB drivers that FlashScan uses and the sound chip drivers.

Regards
    Paul
    I'm guessing the software is developed while listening to some good music and the V2 doesn't like Rap and tries to put the computer out of it's misery, lol.

Sounds like the exact time it takes Winders to initialize a USB port and device.
    Does Winders 7 still have a "Device Manager" if so it would show a conflict there if there were one.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I've found something weird that's existed in the last two V2 firmware versions. I can replicate it fairly easily in my black V2 as follows.

1. Connect V2 to vehicle and allow to boot up.
    2. Perform a BBL session.
    3. Cancel the session to save the log to the SD card.
    4. Remove the SD card to review the log, leave the V2 connected and allow to enter 'low power mode".
    5. Update a tune file and save to the SD card.
    6. Return to the vehicle and insert the SD card into the V2.
    7. Perform a Calibration flash.
    8. Choose the new tune file and press OK.

At this point the V2 hangs and become unresponsive. The only way to bring it back is to pull the OBD-II cable and power cycle it. It then works fine until after the next "low power" mode cycle where it will hang on attempting a calibration flash.

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post

Regards
    Paul
    Alright I've been messing around with it for a bit now and narrowed it down to, I use the Logitech G430 Headset and if the USB adapter for it is used, I run into the sound problems. If I use the Headphone and mic jacks input/outputs on the computer, there are no sound problems And this happens on both desktops I have and on my laptop. So it is definitely a driver conflict with the Logitech Drivers.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast