Thread: e39 camaro bin

Default e39 camaro bin

im working on a 2012 v6 Camaro engine transplanted into a jet boat so far it doesn't like it I need a bin for a Camaro the original comp was bricked when I started .bought new one of ebay same codes but from a Malibu it runs but the boat has can bus gauges and now there is no oil pressure reading cant even read with efi scan so I suspect its off in this program

Lifetime Member

You have to program it with a factory tool like a Tech II, Drewtech Mongoose, etc using Tis2Web. EFILive (and others) cannot read the ETC CPU and only GM's Tis2Web can reprogram that CPU. You need to check and make sure the OSs are compatible with each other, even programming the same year OS from model x into an ECM that contains model y OS/cal can brick the ECM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

THANKS I will do that if I get it running right. first time doing a e39 I have been having problems
    . both computers same problem run at full throttle jet drive has max rpm at 4500rpm then it starts to slow down to 3600 rpm missing turned out to be over fueling disconnect o2 sensors
    and run with wide band f/a and its rich rich in open loop fueling had to remove 45 percent of fuel. turned off all modifiers, set intake cam to 8 deg ,exhaust to 0 power enrichment to off
    im now able to drive boat continuously at full throttle f/a is steady at 13.2 to 13.4 for about 2 min then f/a creeps down to 10.4 go back to idle and power up same thing repeats itself
    timing is steady at 21 degrees it does not have a p/n switch could it be switching to in gear open loop b0193 double pulse and what is double pulse for
    thanks mellor

Lifetime Member

You wont be able to get it running right until you program it with a factory tool using Tis2Web. You'll end up chasing your tail even more my friend.

Not sure why it's doing that fueling issue, but honestly I've seen some weird things happen that cant be explained when using a mismatched setup. Bite the bullet and program it with Tis2Web, then see if it happens again. If it does then have to investigate, however Im betting this has something to do with the mismatched setup you have currently.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

thanks tried to use factory programmer today couldn't get to work programmed for 3 min then aborted appears to be a vin mismatch tried to reprogram vin but I don't think you can
    It did reprogram same data that efi works with back to stock and its the same as my computer came with

on the good side I fixed timing above 4000 to 32 deg and tweaked cam timing a bit at that rpm and the motor woke up revs to 5050 now sounds crisp and fast out of the hole and 83 k flat out
    but after 30 sec it drops to 21 deg and stays there till I go of and on throttle again richness is probably because of timing as now it goes to 11.3 there is no map table with 21 deg that I can find and I turned of all modifiers
    I know I can buy a new computer and get it programmed but I don't know if it will fix this problem I know it will fix the can powered oil pressure gauge thamks again

doing some research is it possible that its reducing timing because torque response table doesn't match my throttle position one thing is still off on boat tune is throttle is full on at about 2/3 last bit doesn't do much the tables have never been played with and I believe its the factory pedal