Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for some 2014 corvette support on built cars?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I'm not sure why you would be doing that, you know what the current EFILive offering is capable of (less maps than HPT), why use EFILive and HPT on the same car?
    Even run into it with some E38's, one software has x tables but not y or vise versa, so you use the other software to change a couple tables. I like the scan tool better in efi live is another big reason to use efi live for me. Unfortunately for gas tuners it looks like efi live is going more towards the diesel market and not being as active in the gas market as the other software.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Even run into it with some E38's, one software has x tables but not y or vise versa, so you use the other software to change a couple tables. I like the scan tool better in efi live is another big reason to use efi live for me. Unfortunately for gas tuners it looks like efi live is going more towards the diesel market and not being as active in the gas market as the other software.
    Not quite sure how hiring someone as indicated in post 2 demonstrates we are ignoring our gas customers.....

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Unfortunately for gas tuners it looks like efi live is going more towards the diesel market and not being as active in the gas market as the other software.
    Okay, keep in mind that EFILive had support for the E78, E39 etc long before HPT and we beat them to E92 as well, whilst it wasn't as comprehensive it at least existed.
    I cannot argue the point that we (well I) spend majority of my time working on Diesel and thoroughly enjoy doing so, the technical challenges in designing the switchable tunes etc is very satisfying and results in excellent sales for EFILive and the Diesel tuning companies also thrive, which at the end of the day we are all in business trying to make money.
    I knew I was not going to be able to keep up with all the new OS's and enhancements that E78, E92 etc require which is why I am not doing it now and someone else is. That is what I said in my earlier post and what Cindy said above, if that isn't good enough then please tell us what else is needed?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

... I knew I was not going to be able to keep up with all the new OS's and enhancements that E78, E92 etc require which is why I am not doing it now and someone else is. That is what I said in my earlier post and what Cindy said above, if that isn't good enough then please tell us what else is needed? ...
    Hello Ross,

What allowed users to be self sufficient was the original CAX file system used by EFILive. Since versions 230 / 224 this has become increasing limited. There was discussion about revisiting this feature at some future point.

I am well aware of the "fool factor" involved with this feature. I would be willing sign a legal document with EFILive, formally absolving you of all responsibility for my development and use of the CAX feature. This is actually redundant, but it would limit the demands on EFILive made by the foolish.

The CAX file feature offers a "win / win" resolution - taking the pressure off of EFILive to fully support all controllers, and allowing users to add the features that they require (eliminating the need to use two or three different softwares to fully configure a controller).

If I update my version of EFILive, I would then be locked out of years of my work. However, by not updating, I am unable to work directly with the E92 ECM using EFILive. The work around to this is a two interface approach (using two different versions of the EFILive software), which is unnecessarily complicated and time consuming.

Give professional tuners a version of EFILive with no CAX file limitations, and issues like these could then be resolved at the user level.

Just my opinion ... I use four tuning softwares these days, but EFILive remains my favourite, and the most stable of them all.

Best regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    What allowed users to be self sufficient was the original CAX file system used by EFILive. Since versions 230 / 224 this has become increasing limited.
    Yes it is a great way to enhanced your own personal version, no questions asked by us, you want to add in all the tables you need then go for it. I believe the restrictions were more towards .cax files having access outside of the calibrations area. Is that not the case?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Yes it is a great way to enhanced your own personal version, no questions asked by us, you want to add in all the tables you need then go for it. I believe the restrictions were more towards .cax files having access outside of the calibrations area. Is that not the case?
    Hi Ross,

My formal education is not in computer programming, so we may not be speaking in the same language on this topic. A couple of examples perhaps ...

Versions 230 / 224 and earlier allowed users unrestricted use of the CAX file system. For tuner shops and professional tuners in general, this is the optimal configuration.

If, in the current software versions, the CAX restrictions only applied to existing parameters offered by EFILive, this would work for me 95% of the time.

Here is what actually happens to my CAX files with the current software versions ...

With the T43:
    • EFILive does not offer per shift torque reduction parameters

• my CAX for these parameters will load for the non-sequential shifts (skip shifts)
    • my CAX will not load (is blocked) for the sequential shifts

With the E67:
    • I helped a Forum member configure a Trailblazer SS OS to effectively operate a supercharged LS9

• EFILive does not offer some of the boost related tables required
    • my CAX file for these parameters will not load (is blocked)

• B8027 to B8029 are shown in EFILive, but are "grayed out" (not configurable) - these needed to be changed for this application to work correctly

It seems to me that the current CAX restrictions block off entire portions of the calibration, even when these portions are not captured as editable parameters by EFILive software.

With unsupported OS (any controller):
    • when you read out a calibration and get the pop-up message that the OS is not yet supported, you can still write a CAX file for it
    • the problem is, the moment that OS is supported (even marginally), some or all of the CAX will no longer load

I am a lifelong business person. I understand the potential to EFILive the diesel industry presents, and I support you in your endeavours in this pursuit. I only ask that in the process that you don't kick the feet out from under me, by restricting the CAX file system, after I have spent years developing these for use with your software.

Cheers,
    Taz
    Last edited by Taz; August 19th, 2014 at 04:14 AM. Reason: - typo

I'll have to have Paul take a look at your post when he has a moment, as far as I was aware the only restrictions in place were to not allow changes outside of the calibration area and to not allow overlapping calibrations with what we already defined. We are not deliberately introducing restrictions to stop what you have achieved, it may simply be there is some implementation anomalies. Have you contacted support @ about it directly?

On my 4th supercharged C7. As of now EFI live can't tune them. It is missing so much that that the cars can't be done. No cam timing control. No injector timing control. Missing some throttle TM table's. Auto tranny still has no shift timing control ect.
    Sad part is I'm getting pretty good with HPT and understanding there setup. Didn't touch it till the C7's.

Would love to see EFI put some time into this.

Doing one for a friend now an see some limitations as described above. Any updates to this? thanks.

The E92 is going to be enhanced over the next month or so, but not by me, we have someone else assisting now.
    Ross is there any updates for E92 this month ?
    EFILive Tuner

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast