Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troubles going bact to stock with a P249D

Lifetime Member

It took a long time to go away like 1000+ miles if I'm remembering, there was never a limp mode associated with the particular code but other problems would come up like def quality ect... I would just clear it every time I drove the truck and the check engine light would stay off until the next key cycle. And one day it was gone for good and has been since probably logged another 1000 miles afterwards stock with no problems.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Weird, I guess thats something to be aware of when doing deletes. This was the first truck I flashed back to stock and it was the first time I saw this issue. I hope its not an overly common one. Thanks for the info!

One weird thing I cam across.

So I flash this 14 LML with a deleted tune (still has that damn error message, but thats another story). His wife is driving it home to him so to be on the safe side I load up the 100% stock tune and flash it in just so that there are no issues. He gets the exhaust cut off while he is at work and then drives it around 1.5-2 hours with no limp mode (but def speed limited message that never happens). I know for a fact that a deleted truck with no tune will limp virtually instantly, so it seems to me like the stock tune does not fully recover the ECM from the deleted flash. Dunno if this is the case, just what I experienced last night.

Lifetime Member

I was wondering if all the modules just are not getting reset, I don't have a Tech 2 or any other scan tool to try and clear everything with.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

hard to say for sure, Im not even sure what the tech 2 would be able to tell you. I plan on getting one of them in the near future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12