Thread: Looking for advice on my 08 Chevy 3500

Angry Looking for advice on my 08 Chevy 3500

I just purchased an 08 Chevy 3500 LMM and got an EGR delete and DPF delete tune on my truck, and just a bit more power nothing special just for towing. Now when I step on it for like the first 5 minutes when ever its under load it pukes black smoke once its warm it quits and seems to be over heating I checked the Radiator and it clean. Was it something in the tune that caused this? Stock air box, DPF Delete pipe and EFi live that's all ive done. Can someone please help me.

Might be helpful to go back to stock tune with only changes being EGR and DPF. At this point, even a bone stock tune would be an improvement.

Can you read any codes?

My truck can be made to behave like that. If the egr is stuck open, then smoke and overheating happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    I just purchased an 08 Chevy 3500 LMM and got an EGR delete and DPF delete tune on my truck, and just a bit more power nothing special just for towing. Now when I step on it for like the first 5 minutes when ever its under load it pukes black smoke once its warm it quits and seems to be over heating I checked the Radiator and it clean. Was it something in the tune that caused this? Stock air box, DPF Delete pipe and EFi live that's all ive done. Can someone please help me.
    It's getting hot or just pushing out the coolant tank? Is EGR actually delete or just turned off in the tune?

Did u delete or block egr, and did u remove the dpf. If the egr isn't blocked then that will cause excess smoke on the low end.if the dpf isn't removed then it will get plugged and get will rise.

Auto correct sucks, egr temps will rise