Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying Calc.VET sets P0101 - did I do something wrong or is my MAF bad?

Default Trying Calc.VET sets P0101 - did I do something wrong or is my MAF bad?

I am trying Calc.VET after running with an AutoVE tuned OLSD setup for a while - MAF has been unplugged for ~2 years (but not many miles - < 5000).

First, just to be sure wo2 was still functioning and VE was close, I ran a couple logs with the AutoVE settings and got mostly .99-1.01 in BEN map so I think that's still working. Tune and log are attached.

Next, I created tune file for logging Calc.VET (without CL/LTFT) from the above, and logged (both also attached). The MIL came on somewhere around time 09:30:40. I pulled over and looked at DTCs. It set a P0101. MAF frequency seems normal? (except near end of log when it's zero - I turned off ignition while still logging). Is that also why the DTCs are not in log file?

So, can someone review the settings in the Calc.VET tune? I'm still reviewing but not seeing where I went wrong.

Also - Is the AFR too lean in the Calc.VET log? Is it safe to be logging for an hour like this? It's leaner than the AutoVE log.

The AutoVE logging history and vehicle specifics can be found here:
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...toVE-questions

Thanks
    -- Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    99 S10 2WD pickup, LS1/A4/MAF/TB from 2000 Z28, LS1B, FAST intake, TPIS cam/springs, shorty headers, 2.5" dual exhaust
    Started w/OS from Silverado modified to run LS1 - IFR/transmission/MAF calibrations from Camaro OS, 13.974@102.85mph (no traction)

Lifetime Member

Your MAF calibration was way too low and it failed the rationality test.

I've recalibrated your MAF for you... flash it in and you should be good to go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So I shouldn't be using the MAF calibration that GM used for that 2000 Camaro MAF? That calibration also functioned before I went OLSD. Not trying to argue, just trying to understand why.
    99 S10 2WD pickup, LS1/A4/MAF/TB from 2000 Z28, LS1B, FAST intake, TPIS cam/springs, shorty headers, 2.5" dual exhaust
    Started w/OS from Silverado modified to run LS1 - IFR/transmission/MAF calibrations from Camaro OS, 13.974@102.85mph (no traction)

Lifetime Member

Hey... you asked for a review and I gave you one. Take it or leave it... it's up to you.

If you already did an autove why not just do an automaf and call it done? You're already halfway there, you should be able to knock out the maf quickly. If your data is way far off from factory with a stock maf, induction setup you might have other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by picnic_george View Post
    If you already did an autove why not just do an automaf and call it done? You're already halfway there, you should be able to knock out the maf quickly. If your data is way far off from factory with a stock maf, induction setup you might have other issues.
    AutoVE produced a canyon in the VE map in the 95 kPa column so I thought I'd try CalcVET to see what it produced. VE image is in this post:
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...l=1#post175711

The vehicle has a turbo on it? But sticking with the 1 bar map no COS and want to go back to a MAF?

Quote Originally Posted by picnic_george View Post
    The vehicle has a turbo on it? But sticking with the 1 bar map no COS and want to go back to a MAF?
    no turbo

I can't look at your tune or log, but it would seem something if off. Do you have a voltage issue? I had a recifier go out on my car and when I would floor it and hit about 3k(engine rpm) it would comepletely shut off the alternator. If something like that is happening it could completely mess up your results. Just something to look for, that VE looks all out of wack at 95kPa.

I'm also looking thru your files...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast