Thread: Cross8 4wd

Default Cross8 4wd

Anyone tryed tuning a Cross8 4wd?.(05 fly by wire)
    Had a play with a mates today , even with the std spark tables and 98 octane fuel we were getting 5 deg knock retard .

These things have fulltime traction control (can't be turned off) tryed to disable it but no luck must be something we can't see in the cal that prevents removal.
    so so slugish off the line and can't even spin the wheels trying to do doghnuts on a sandy beach

Any ideas !

Would anyone have a tune file for the HSV Coupe 4 or HSV Cross 8 tocompare ?

Cheers
    John

John,

The traction system is primarily done by the ABS system in these 4WD's, plus some PCM control..........even with a blower..they aren't too exciting so a bit more timing isn't going to fix the problem. Real 4WD's have a Duramax Diesel badge on them, 1000ft-lb of torque, I've been converted.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross,

WOT fueling was quite rich, sorted that out but couldn't get anymore timing into it

As far as I could tell I disabled traction control and torque management, abuse mode etc.
    But even on sand WOT doing 360s it wouldn't alow any more then 2500 rpm and no wheelspin - thought I may have missed something