Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: LML Will not build over ~22PSI of boost

You know I go on about Bosch and how much I loathe their logic of operation, I shouldn't really because Bosch Diesel ECM's have been good for EFILive, but when I think back to the simpler operation of the LB7 and LLY (Delphi/Isuzu designed ECM) compared to what we are dealing with on the LML it is no wonder we all struggle. On the LML we are talking about nearly 1Mb on just calibrations alone, the LB7 had the OS and calibrations in 512K of memory!
    The absolute worst part of Bosch ECM's is the logic that sits behind the diagnostics, perhaps if all you did all day every day was Bosch tuning then you could get a pretty good grip on it, but for many of us (including me) that isn't the case. I just finished adding in the DTC table for some 2015 Gas ECM's, there was over 1000 DTC codes in that ECM, but they are stored numerically with simple bit flags to control them, it was done in 10 mins. To do a similar thing with the Bosch ECM might take a whole day, maybe longer because nothing is stored in order, there is multiple tables that reference the same DTC, so who knows what ones are actually active!, as Kory's sig says, "when in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!" That is the sort of logic that needs to be applied for the EDC17's. I think Kory would agree that you see some settings in the diagnostics that might indicate that sometimes even the GM calibrators are flying a little blind on this ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    You know I go on about Bosch and how much I loathe their logic of operation, I shouldn't really because Bosch Diesel ECM's have been good for EFILive, but when I think back to the simpler operation of the LB7 and LLY (Delphi/Isuzu designed ECM) compared to what we are dealing with on the LML it is no wonder we all struggle. On the LML we are talking about nearly 1Mb on just calibrations alone, the LB7 had the OS and calibrations in 512K of memory!
    The absolute worst part of Bosch ECM's is the logic that sits behind the diagnostics, perhaps if all you did all day every day was Bosch tuning then you could get a pretty good grip on it, but for many of us (including me) that isn't the case. I just finished adding in the DTC table for some 2015 Gas ECM's, there was over 1000 DTC codes in that ECM, but they are stored numerically with simple bit flags to control them, it was done in 10 mins. To do a similar thing with the Bosch ECM might take a whole day, maybe longer because nothing is stored in order, there is multiple tables that reference the same DTC, so who knows what ones are actually active!, as Kory's sig says, "when in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!" That is the sort of logic that needs to be applied for the EDC17's. I think Kory would agree that you see some settings in the diagnostics that might indicate that sometimes even the GM calibrators are flying a little blind on this ECM.
    I'm 100% with ya on that one. Some of the stuff gm does simply doesn't make sense. Edc17 I live in that logic. Haha
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Yes, so far so good, no issues with anything at cold or full op/temps, set it for 10, 20, 50 doesn't matter, stays where I put.

Now redoing 2011, 2013-2014 base files and cross testing, that sucked.....but its done.

Plus the extra boost makes for better use of the traction control, that light is getting annoying fast.
    If it's in efilive, cant script it over?

Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
    If it's in efilive, cant script it over?
    Nope. If its defined in efi, your CAX cant overlap.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

I'm not sure why that is a problem though? If the table is there, it is there, defining it twice won't do much.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I really would like to help, but I have been fighting this issue on this OS for a while. So if I didn't spend so much time and effort to figure it out I might be inclined to share it.

But I had much better things to do then try all of the combinations I needed to try to fix it.

If it was a simple thing to fix then it would be easy, but given what I went thru I'll be happy when someone else wastes that much time and effort and is willing to just give it away.

Tony
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

So y'all are modifying a variable that is currently mapped but not editable by efilive?

No .cax was needed. Even though I know we could utilize much more that is in there I only used what is available in efi live currently
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I'm not sure why that is a problem though? If the table is there, it is there, defining it twice won't do much.
    Agreed
    -Kory

Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
    So y'all are modifying a variable that is currently mapped but not editable by efilive?
    Tony is doing it different than me... But more than one way to skin a cat as long as you get your desired results!
    -Kory

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast